• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Godfrey wants 8 INTs this season

Ruff

Some players don't mind externalizing their goals. It puts them out there, and provides incentive. I have no problem with it. As long as those goals are at least attainable. And I believe Godfrey has set an attainable goal. It makes me wonder what other goals he has set for himself?

I don't mind people setting and/or publicizing high GOALS for themselves, I don't see the harm in that. Predictions on the other hand...that can bite you in the ass later and set you up for some hefty ridicule. It can also come off as a little cocky to throw out bold predictions. Nobody would fault Cam if he said his goal is to be the best QB in the NFL next year...but if he said he WILL be the best QB in the NFL next year then the media would have a field day with him. Wait that was probably a poor example...who am I kidding, if Cam sneezed at a press conference the media would crucify him and NFL Network would make a 30-minute segment on how disingenuous his sneeze was.

He also said that *he'd* like to be the one who turns the ball back over for Cam. I think he knows that our secondary is still spotty, and a lot of the work is going to fall on his shoulders.

Archived