• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFT Looks At Peppers Deal

Skew

sure it does..they offer contract he says he wants out...the music stops everyone has changed position and the new seats are ones that Peppers is (on paper) better suited for.

Ah yes Peppers magically forced the front office's hand through the space time continuum. It's all so clear to me now.

Ah yes Peppers magically forced the front office's hand through the space time continuum. It's all so clear to me now.

"don't try to be a smart ass just because I made your last post look like it came from a dumbass."

that, THAT statement might be a pretty smooth tat idea for you killer. You are getting preTTy good at this internet thing.

"don't try to be a smart ass just because I made your last post look like it came from a dumbass."

that, THAT statement might be a pretty smooth tat idea for you killer. You are getting preTTy good at this internet thing.

I knew I got to you a little bit, but this much? Man I almost feel bad for you now. Almost.

Nothing to do with Peppers, nothing at all. All I mentioned was the Trgo deal, I didn't say a word about the others or Peppers for that manner. But yes, I see the Trgo deal as being a force out, can't prove it, and you can't prove it's not true, we'll never know. The amount of crap Trgo got from the fans, Fox supposedly "getting involved" with the defense, I think it's perfectly reasonable to think that Trgo was given a chance to resign - to take a demotion by the way...

Interesting theory.

But there is one major flaw.

The FO offered Trgo and the other coaches that left new contracts. They decided not to take the offer because they felt the FO dragged their feet in making them the offer. That's the reason they didn't return. So I can't buy the "forced out" theory.

Interesting theory.

But there is one major flaw.

The FO offered Trgo and the other coaches that left new contracts. They decided not to take the offer because they felt the FO dragged their feet in making them the offer. That's the reason they didn't return. So I can't buy the "forced out" theory.

Plus I think that Trgo was burned out and admitted so. He said it wasn't fun anymore. I think he frankly liked the job of defensive line coach better with less stress and responsibility. Can't blame him for knowing what he is good at and wanting to do it.

So, if Hurney won, and is accepted as doing an outstanding job, then what does that say about all of you who are eating Peppered crow?

There are no losers in this situation. You can't always get what you want unless you hold all the power. To think that there weren't compromises and acquiescence by both sides for the betterment of both sides, and the team as a whole, is a bit provincial.

IMO everybody is moving towards a good place---perhaps even a destined place---after playing their cards the only way that made sense.

Talk of hollow victories is useless. Hovering over crystal balls is unnecessary.

It is what it is, and Pep will be a paid proud Panther for at least one more season, and hopefully get us to the dance.

good question. the answer depends on how much the changes that were made to what Pep wanted out of are legitimate enough for him to be happy with. Otherwise we have more money than just one year tied to an unhappy player.

What everyone here, so far and save a couple posters, is missing is what it was exactly Peppers wanted out of and how different that is to what he hopes to be returning to (at least on paper).

To get him to sign some convincing had to be done by making major changes that included staff and roster (future). If you think those changes would all have been made exactly as they have been without Pep doing what he did then I am going to have to call you naive. For example if Pep is a happy camper leading up to the draft then there is no way we trade a 1st for Brown. We go after DT instead.

He wanted out of where he was and while he is returning to the same locker room in the same city physically, his actions effected a change that he is obviously comfortable with now.

Surface comprehension is fine for some things that are not important and not being discussed at length. Things like this need to be looked at a little closer by most of you.

Whether you think the moves that have been made since Peppers first comment are to pull the wool over his eyes or to accommodate him is irrelevant. He effected change and hence is NOT returning to what he wanted out of.

It's really simple if you just slow down and let it sink in.

Holy Crap....you ARE actually serious with all of the ridiculous dribble that you post on here.

We all thought you were just being sarcastic and liked to stir the pot. However, you really are freakin clueless on just about every topic.

God I hope you do not reproduce.

And if a new long term contract is reached, is he still an idiot?

Yes in crolls mind he is an idiot no matter what. He could save a child from a burring building and crolls would say he's an Idiot for going into that building.

Archived