• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Delhomme #40 NFL QB All-time?

dbeat

First, Manning. Now, Elway. What in the world, 77?

Elway is probably who Jake could become with a little better decision making.

Jake has relatively good decision making, he just needs to take less risks in certain situations.

You do realize that what you said is kinda funny as hell depending on how you look at it.:D

I know it my statement seems contradictory but most of the time Jake makes the right choice, but there are some situations where he pushes the boundary a bit too much. Last year was probably his best year throwing the football, and if it wasn't for the Oakland/Arizona debacles things would have been looked at much differently.

I know it my statement seems contradictory but most of the time Jake makes the right choice, but there are some situations where he pushes the boundary a bit too much. Last year was probably his best year throwing the football, and if it wasn't for the Oakland/Arizona debacles things would have been looked at much differently.

I don't know if it's bad decision making or bad mechanics due to returning from surgery. This year will tell that one way or the other and I'm ready to live with those results, I think the Panthers are too, despite the big contract...

How the eff does SMF have all that rep when his main source of fun is being negative (not CRITICAL...NEGATIVE, there's a difference) and looking forward to gloating if a player has a bad year? EXTREMELY LAME.

Yes topdawg, I am not the only one who thinks Elway is a tad bit overrated. Not overrated the way Favre is, but overrated a bit, and definitely overrated as a pure passer. Not saying he wasn't very good, I just have a hard time with guys who are called elite (whether Peyton, Kelly, Elway, etc) and aren't better players more consistently in the playoffs.

How the eff does SMF have all that rep when his main source of fun is being negative (not CRITICAL...NEGATIVE, there's a difference) and looking forward to gloating if a player has a bad year? EXTREMELY LAME.

Yes topdawg, I am not the only one who thinks Elway is a tad bit overrated. Not overrated the way Favre is, but overrated a bit, and definitely overrated as a pure passer. Not saying he wasn't very good, I just have a hard time with guys who are called elite (whether Peyton, Kelly, Elway, etc) and aren't better players more consistently in the playoffs.

Because there are a lot of like minded people on this board?...

While I like Jake, that list is PURE GARBAGE. Kitna over Beurlein?

Exactly. The list ranks QBs based on the defense and TEAM wins only. Delhomme over Eli, Jurgensen, Moon, Aikman, Starr, Simms, Palmer? Get real people. If you want to talk about how good or bad you think Delhomme is, that's fine, but basing your opinion on this list is moronic.

Fireball77, you must be having a bad day. I challenge you to peruse my posts and charge me as being more negative than critical. I also take exception to the fact that I'd be gloating if someone has a bad year. I have never done that, and never will. The only players that I have ever been critical of (and I did say critical) since I have graced the Huddle is Keary Colbert, Drew Carter (who I learned to respect), David Carr, Ken Lucas (after his second year) and Jake Delhomme. But, you probably don't recall that I even wrote a post one time (before the site was corrupted) that praised Delhomme for having all the qualities that makes him such a good person and basically a good QB. Now, of course I will on occasion call out a fellow Huddler who I deem is attacking me unfairly, but for the most part I try to stick to football, unlike some of our members and occasional trolls. You're off base, dear.

Fireball77, you must be having a bad day. I challenge you to peruse my posts and charge me as being more negative than critical. I also take exception to the fact that I'd be gloating if someone has a bad year. I have never done that, and never will. The only players that I have ever been critical of (and I did say critical) since I have graced the Huddle is Keary Colbert, Drew Carter (who I learned to respect), David Carr, Ken Lucas (after his second year) and Jake Delhomme. But, you probably don't recall that I even wrote a post one time (before the site was corrupted) that praised Delhomme for having all the qualities that makes him such a good person and basically a good QB. Now, of course I will on occasion call out a fellow Huddler who I deem is attacking me unfairly, but for the most part I try to stick to football, unlike some of our members and occasional trolls. You're off base, dear.

So did you say Delhomme had a bad year or not? Delhomme had a bad game. I don't think he's some elite QB or anything, I think he's as average QB, what we need, but he had a bad game. Yet months later, we're still talking about as the sky is falling type crap. OK, I understand...

So did you say Delhomme had a bad year or not? Delhomme had a bad game. I don't think he's some elite QB or anything, I think he's as average QB, what we need, but he had a bad game. Yet months later, we're still talking about as the sky is falling type crap. OK, I understand...

Not that this is about Jake, unless 77 thinks it's so, but...

I don't think Jake had a "bad" year, and I have never said that. He basically had a very Jake-esque year except for a few hiccups. Certainly he had arguably the worst game of his career against the Cards, but the bitter taste of Cardinal (in regards to Jake) has left my mouth, basically, since April. I like Jake, and he's our guy. I just question whether or not it was a good thing to extend his contract for so many years at the ripe ol' age of 34, especially in light of what he has already done in regards to landing the Vince Lombardi trophy in Charlotte. Actually, I am thinking that this year could be Jake's year of vindication. He is a proven veteran, and has the tools around him to get the job done (much like last year). This year, he---above everybody else on the field---has the motivation to raise his game to a new level and prove his detractors wrong. Yes I have been critical of Delhomme, but not to the point where I am being negative, just critical. Moreover, I don't even think he is an "average" QB, I think that he is above average. But he is getting old. As a player he has had a decent career. As a person he seems like a great guy. Now, enough of Delhomme already (and Pep, too, for that matter).

I pretty much know what we're going to get from Delhomme (solid play that will border on scary sometimes, but solid nonetheless). I am more enthused about how the rookies will fair in our new defense, the new direction of our defense, and how all of this will play out this coming season.

Not that this is about Jake, unless 77 thinks it's so, but...

I don't think Jake had a "bad" year, and I have never said that. He basically had a very Jake-esque year except for a few hiccups. Certainly he had arguably the worst game of his career against the Cards, but the bitter taste of Cardinal (in regards to Jake) has left my mouth, basically, since April. I like Jake, and he's our guy. I just question whether or not it was a good thing to extend his contract for so many years at the ripe ol' age of 34, especially in light of what he has already done in regards to landing the Vince Lombardi trophy in Charlotte. Actually, I am thinking that this year could be Jake's year of vindication. He is a proven veteran, and has the tools around him to get the job done (much like last year). This year, he---above everybody else on the field---has the motivation to raise his game to a new level and prove his detractors wrong. Yes I have been critical of Delhomme, but not to the point where I am being negative, just critical. Moreover, I don't even think he is an "average" QB, I think that he is above average. But he is getting old. As a player he has had a decent career. As a person he seems like a great guy. Now, enough of Delhomme already (and Pep, too, for that matter).

I pretty much know what we're going to get from Delhomme (solid play that will border on scary sometimes, but solid nonetheless). I am more enthused about how the rookies will fair in our new defense, the new direction of our defense, and how all of this will play out this coming season.

That was just a pretty generic thread and certainly not meant at you. But you know, even I could hand off the ball 40- to 50 times a game...

Archived