• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers D struggles against the Slant!

Pantherman

yes it was last year.. and could be this year...

first play....I thought to myself once I saw Norman out their. I bet Cutler is going to go right at him with a slant.....you know Cutler remembers tearing Norman up over and over to win that game.

First play was a slant on Norman.

first play....I thought to myself once I saw Norman out their. I bet Cutler is going to go right at him with a slant.....you know Cutler remembers tearing Norman up over and over to win that game.

First play was a slant on Norman.

wasn't that first Norman int a slant? i could be wrong but i thought it was.

wasn't that first Norman int a slant? i could be wrong but i thought it was.

First play by Chicago was a slant.....on Norman. Which is what Cutler did that entire drive last year on him to win the game.

I give credit to Norman for capitalizing on a mistake. That actually is something toomany players don't do enough. Jeffries quit his slant though so it is hard to credit Norman with great coverage defending the slant.

First play by Chicago was a slant.....on Norman. Which is what Cutler did that entire drive last year on him to win the game.

I give credit to Norman for capitalizing on a mistake. That actually is something toomany players don't do enough. Jeffries quit his slant though so it is hard to credit Norman with great coverage defending the slant.

gotcha i rewatched it on panthers.com. alshon did kind of quit on the route but Norman jumped it anyway.

it's something that needs to be worked on.

full speed game time with our front 4 breathing down your neck, corners giving just enough coverage to force the quick slant. and luke hanging out there picking them off.. im not worried.

if Luke is hanging out there.....he would be very out of position.

Quick slants are high % plays. By definition they are completed at a higher rate (against everyone). The Bears used them to keep the pressure out of Cutlers face. He didn't have time for for down the field shots. Or any of the Bears QBs for that matter.

Archived