• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam and Joe Adams posing for the camera.

rdog157h

You can however decipher what most likely played out.....using all the various non verbal forms of communication displayed.

I don't care though. Cam did nothing wrong. If Davis didn't like it....I can see why as well

How in your magical world can you do that and why are you wasting this skill on a football forum instead of helping the Government fight terroism??

I'm not even going to get into why you feel the need to bring up Young.

It's the same stuff I saw before the 2011 draft.

I brought up Young because he's an example of a player who let fans get to him.  Can you name a better example?

But if you're going to say it's something else, then by all means, speak up.

How in your magical world can you do that and why are you wasting this skill on a football forum instead of helping the Government fight terroism??

lol....that exchange and viewing it has nothing to do with football.

It doesn't take CIA top secret skills to watch basic human interaction.

CRA: Cam was excited that Jimmy ran for a first down

koolkat: Whoa! For all we know Cam was being chased by a bee and it causes him to run around. Why don't you take your psychic abilities elsewhere.

I brought up Young because he's an example of a player who let fans get to him.

If you're going to say it's something else, then by all means, speak up.

It's a poor not to mention lazy and overly extreme example to attempt in comparing it to anything I've said. Young was experiencing substantial psychological problems and had clear signs of mental illness. It was not the fans.

You brought it up.

Bottom line is, if Cam wants to be elected captain he has to have the respect of the lockerroom. This type of action along with his baby blanket addiction either will or won't have any bearing depending on the individual player.

With fans and the media, WINNING washes away indiscretions. If (when) he wins, sideline antics become irrelevant.

The whole Cam and Joe photo shoot was a little cringing to watch. I'm glad TD told him to stop, veteran players on the team prob think that stuff is unnecessary, hence why TD told them to cut it out.

Just my opinion, i know i'm in the minority with this issue.

I think that is exactly what happened.

It's a poor not to mention lazy and overly extreme example to attempt in comparing it to anything I've said. Young was experiencing substantial psychological problems and had clear signs of mental illness. It was not the fans.

You brought it up.

Yes, and let's look at how I brought it up.

We're not talking about Vince Young here.

Because Vince Young flaked out and let booing fans get to him.  That was the start of his downfall.  His career is in the toilet in large part because he didn't have the fortitude to handle the pressure.

And now you're suggesting Newton would be justified in leaving the Panthers because local media or a small percentage of the fanbase have negative opinions of him?  Sorry, I think that's silly.

Letting negative fan reaction or media affect your game play or your career decisions is a sign of a pretty weak minded, thin skinned person.  Add in that it's a ridiculously stupid reason to alter your career path.

That's Vince Young.  I don't believe it's Newton.  Newton, has in fact, been critical of Young for his behavior.

That's kind of the point.

Newton is a very different guy from Vince Young.

What you're suggesting as an option - leaving the Panthers because of their fans - would mean his following in Young's footsteps and letting fans affect his play and career decisions.

I think that'd be an awful move on his part, and an uncharacteristic one at that.

I believe he's better than that. 

I'd be highly disappointed to find out he wasn't.

When Cam decides where the future of his career lies, I hope  it's based on important stuff like this (and for the record, I believe it will be).

Fan opinions and media coverage don't mean much compared to those factors, unless you're a whiner like Vince Young.

That kind of thinking would put him in the same category as a thin-skinned flake like Vince Young.  Is a man like that really what you'd hope for Newton to be like?

Me?  Based on what I've seen of him so far, I'd like to believe Newton is infinitely better and smarter than that.

I bring up Young because he's a prime example of the kind of thinking you're suggesting.

I don't buy that Newton thinks that way, nor would I want him to.

So, repeated statements about why Cam Newton is not like Vince Young, all of which you respond to with this...

I'm not even going to get into why you feel the need to bring up Young.

It's the same stuff I saw before the 2011 draft.

So tell me, how exactly do all these statements above fit in with what you're saying here?

Throw in that I'm one of the people who's been saying from the start that this whole incident was no big deal

I'd love to hear an explanation for this, if you've got one.

Yes, and let's look at how I brought it up.

So, repeated statements about why Newton is not like Vince Young, all of which you respond to with this...

So tell me, how exactly do the statements above fit in with what you're saying here?

Scot at this point it's beginning to seem less like you actually want to discuss something and more like you want to make a flawed point against me for one of the numerous past disagreements we've had. You quoted me first here.

There's nowhere further we can go with this. I'm bowing out.

Archived