• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Soccer '13-'14 season

Ja  Rhule

I think my guys played well today, but not very fluid. Like an OLine, it takes time to gel, and I hope they can get more on the same page throughout the year. I still think we need to buy another striker, as once Soldado went out, the intensity of the push was lacking.

I do like our new guys though, they played like guys who should cost as much as they did. Overall, very optimistic for this season, and if Bale comes back to the fold, we'll give the other top teams a push for the title. May not come to pass, but it won't be as dead easy as it was last year.

Outside of City, who really improved?  You think Schurrle is going to give Chelsea a big enough boost to overcome the 14 point defecit they had to United at the end of last season?  Hardly.  City might be the only real challengers, but just bc they overpaid on a few overrated players doesn't mean they are going to take some massive leap over United.  United lost no one, save for a disgruntled Wayne Rooney, who we say yesterday can still play and be effective.

Outplayed the whole game?  Then United got incredibly lucky and just happened to score 4 goals.  I watched the entire game, as I have done with every United game for about the last decade, and I saw a lot of posession from Swansea with few really good chances.  United was perfectly fine to let them pass the ball around their own half.  The only reason that they ended up scoring is bc Welbeck had a stupid turnover right outside of his own 18, otherwise it would have been a shutout.  That really sounds like being outplayed to me.

I would say Chelsea has the strongest midfield in the PL right now after adding Essien (back from loan), van Ginkel, and De Bruyne to a group that already featured Mata, Oscar, and Lampard. 

All they need to do now is replace Torres up top with Lukaku (only a matter of time now) and they are the favorites for he title imo.  No weaknesses and quality depth all over the pitch

I would say Chelsea has the strongest midfield in the PL right now after adding Essien (back from loan), van Ginkel, and De Bruyne to a group that already featured Mata, Oscar, and Lampard. 

All they need to do now is replace Torres up top with Lukaku (only a matter of time now) and they are the favorites for he title imo.  No weaknesses and quality depth all over the pitch

They're considered the favorites by the media talking heads, but we all know how much that means. Still, they have had a strong summer window, and for once the media might be right. But, it helps to have that much bank backing and prestige to get the players you want and keep your good ones too.

I'd say I wish them luck, but honestly, I hope my team crushes them when we play. Not likely, but I'm hoping for it anyways.

Arsene Wenger bid £10m for £20m rated Cabaye... Arsenal fans are going Apeshit... Arsenal minor shareholder group demanding Arsene to be removed as Arsenal manager ASAP. Looks like riots are on menu in London very soon unless Arsenal will go on a shopping spree. Southampton just spent £16m on signing striker Osvaldo from Roma. £16m is Arsenal transfer record. How is Southampton have more money than Arsenal?

Archived