• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Soccer '13-'14 season

Ja  Rhule

Poulinho £17

Soldado £26

Lamela £28

Chadli £6

Capoue £9

Chirichrs £8

Total spent £94 minus Bale £86. Spurs spent only £8m. Pretty good if u ask me.

Amazing overhaul for them.  As good as Bale is they're a much better and deeper team now imo.

Either way this ends up going down I really hope RM never does business with Levy again.  So unprofessional how he handles transfers.  Everything is personal to him, never business.  I honestly wouldn't spend another dime, but whatever RM does I'll support it.

Also not too worried about a mystery team.  Bale still has to agree to a contract with said team, and everything I've heard/read says he only wants Madrid.

This could also be a case of Levy trying a last ditch effort to raise the price even more now that RM and EVERYONE else for that matter know he needs to sell.  Not worried either way.  With or without Bale this team is a world class club and potential UCL Champion caliber....

That's ok... from the "leaked" news and the media snips from coaches just about telling Bale to jump ship, the feeling is very mutual.

Almost funny... you having the audacity to label any other organization as "unprofessional"

That's ok... from the "leaked" news and the media snips from coaches just about telling Bale to jump ship, the feeling is very mutual.

Almost funny... you having the audacity to label any other organization as "unprofessional"

This is exactly what I'm referring to. It's not personal it's business. Big clubs buy players from clubs who are known to sell their best. That's just how it works. As I already said I'm not a fan of Perez's tactics but that doesn't excuse Levy's bullshit either...

Daily Mail calling BS on a second team entering.  Whether they have or not, they've got one thing right.  In order for a deal to go down Bale has to agree to a contract with the new club.  I don't see that happening....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2402343/Gareth-Bale-to-Real-Madrid-Tottenham-Hotspur-sign-replacement-Erik-Lamela.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Lamela's move to Tottenham appears to imminent.  Ljajic is officially a Roma player and took Lamela's #8 shirt.  Lamela's arrival will trigger the release of Bale (finally).  Also, there's a lot of steam building up that the Bale transfer will be one payment of 75 million pounds.  If that's the case I'm ecstatic....

Oh and AVB said the transfer could happen very very soon so there's that....

Interesting... Juan Mata dad who is also his agent was spotted in Arsenal directors suit. Chelsea just completed a move for Willian and supposed to complete a move for another winger from Porto. Cazorla and Mata would give Arsenal a sick midfield if that to happen. I know Mourinho would think twice before selling to rivals but him and Wenger are in pretty good relationship so who knows.

I hope so.. I'm as sick to death of this circus as much as anyone.

I am curious though as to who we go after the final week to "replace" Bale, since Willian decided being a bench-warmer was preferable for a couple of million pounds, which is where he'll be unless Chumpski gets stupid and sells Mata.

Sorry Arsen, I doubt that they sell him, and if they do, it most likely won't be to a BPL team, especially not Arsenal or even Spurs.

Edit: Not even sure we'd need to pick up anyone just yet, as the guys we have in place are doing very well so far. Just going to take time for cohesiveness and to learn each other's talents. I'd like to see us pick up a no-brainer like Mata, or wait until the Winter window to see how we fare.

Archived