• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A Defense Destined to Dominate

Zod

Falcons D. . . Panthers D. . hmmm ya know it doesnt bother us if youre a Debbie Downer. It just makes you look more irrational when you come up with strange comparisons like that and we all remember that when we read your following posts. Why not just be more specific? Why not tell us how you think that O will beat our D?

I don't really get what you're trying to say.  My point in bringing up the falcons was that the OP was saying that Wilson was merely a game manager.  That's it.

I didn't mention our defense at all.  The fact is that we actually match up well with the Seahawks offense, and they match up well with our offense.  The difference is going to be how well the quarterbacks deal with pressure in this game.  And to sit there and say that Wilson is merely a game manager is ludicrous.

I'm not saying he will handle pressure well or not but he has the skills to put the Seahawks on his back and win it, much like Cam does.

Anything else you wanna discuss?

I don't really get what you're trying to say.  My point in bringing up the falcons was that the OP was saying that Wilson was merely a game manager.  That's it.

I didn't mention our defense at all.  The fact is that we actually match up well with the Seahawks offense, and they match up well with our offense.  The difference is going to be how well the quarterbacks deal with pressure in this game.  And to sit there and say that Wilson is merely a game manager is ludicrous.

I'm not saying he will handle pressure well or not but he has the skills to put the Seahawks on his back and win it, much like Cam does.

Anything else you wanna discuss?

You dont get what Im trying to say? It wasnt complicated. Atlanta's D is not the Panthers D, do you get that much? Why are you trying to paint it like its some big mystery to you? lol

Then you close with a passive aggressive statement like that poo haha. Yeah I got more to discuss in fact. I want to discuss how you figure youre watching the same sport as me if you cant tell whos on which team.

and didnt I ask you how they might beat us? You're answer is "Wilson's not a game manager". We'll thats nice and its about as accurate as "but I like Peanut Butter and Chocolate Ice Cream"

You dont get what Im trying to say? It wasnt complicated. Atlanta's D is not the Panthers D, do you get that much? Why are you trying to paint it like its some big mystery to you? lol

Then you close with a passive aggressive statement like that poo haha. Yeah I got more to discuss in fact. I want to discuss how you figure youre watching the same sport as me if you cant tell whos on which team.

and didnt I ask you how they might beat us? You're answer is "Wilson's not a game manager". We'll thats nice and its about as accurate as "but I like Peanut Butter and Chocolate Ice Cream"

Ok...let me start out by saying (something you clearly are missing) is that the "Wilson isn't a game manager" comment had nothing to do about who he is playing or what defense is on the field.  I'm not sure why you don't get that but I'm guessing you misinterpreted my initial post.  I don't know how you got the whole Carolina D vs Atlanta D thing but whatever.  The point I was making that Wilson is much more than a game manager, as he showed in the playoffs against Atlanta.  I hate to say I was defending Wilson, but really, I'm trying to understand why everyone thinks he is an Alex Smith-esque QB.  Because he's not.

And to answer your question about how they might beat us I believe I answered that as well.  I said I felt like we match up well against their offense (Carolina D vs Seahawks O) BUT they also match up well against us (Seahawks D vs Carolina O) and without sounding repetitive (I already answered this) that the game would come down to which QB handled the pressure better.

So, just for you, I'm basically saying that the Seahawks can win on Sunday if Russell Wilson handles the pressure better than Cam.  I also believe their running game is more effective than ours which means they will be able to win the time of possession, something that I feel will be very telling in this game considering the defenses.

If we can rattle Wilson and Cam can make the throws he's capable of then we have a chance.  

Let me know if I can clarify anything else (more passive aggressive stuff).

Ok...let me start out by saying (something you clearly are missing) is that the "Wilson isn't a game manager" comment had nothing to do about who he is playing or what defense is on the field.  I'm not sure why you don't get that but I'm guessing you misinterpreted my initial post.  I don't know how you got the whole Carolina D vs Atlanta D thing but whatever.  The point I was making that Wilson is much more than a game manager, as he showed in the playoffs against Atlanta.  I hate to say I was defending Wilson, but really, I'm trying to understand why everyone thinks he is an Alex Smith-esque QB.  Because he's not.

And to answer your question about how they might beat us I believe I answered that as well.  I said I felt like we match up well against their offense (Carolina D vs Seahawks O) BUT they also match up well against us (Seahawks D vs Carolina O) and without sounding repetitive (I already answered this) that the game would come down to which QB handled the pressure better.

So, just for you, I'm basically saying that the Seahawks can win on Sunday if Russell Wilson handles the pressure better than Cam.  I also believe their running game is more effective than ours which means they will be able to win the time of possession, something that I feel will be very telling in this game considering the defenses.

If we can rattle Wilson and Cam can make the throws he's capable of then we have a chance.  

Let me know if I can clarify anything else (more passive aggressive stuff).

Youre acting like you said more than you did and you didnt. You used Atl's D as a reference to Wilson not being a game manager. To which I eluded, our D is not their D. The situations are entirely different. Their whole season they rode Lynch to the playoffs, do you disagree? Would they have made it without that line and that rb?

and again when you make it point to close with that like you did. . . again. . Im reading like this "Yes Im trying to be a jackass about it"

Do I think Wilson is a good QB? sure. Better than Cam? no, he cant make the same throws and he cant magically come up with 3rd downs on 3rd and a bizallion. They both handle pressure well I would say, wouldnt you? Cam has dealt with pressure for years now and he's still thrived.

Youre acting like you said more than you did and you didnt. You used Atl's D as a reference to Wilson not being a game manager. To which I eluded, our D is not their D. The situations are entirely different. Their whole season they rode Lynch to the playoffs, do you disagree? Would they have made it without that line and that rb?

and again when you make it point to close with that like you did. . . again. . Im reading like this "Yes Im trying to be a jackass about it"

Do I think Wilson is a good QB? sure. Better than Cam? no, he cant make the same throws and he cant magically come up with 3rd downs on 3rd and a bizallion. They both handle pressure well I would say, wouldnt you? Cam has dealt with pressure for years now and he's still thrived.

I'm saying that it isn't a matter of whose defense Wilson plays against, he is NOT a game manager type QB.  Yes they did rely on Lynch and a strong defense but towards the end of the year Wilson came into his own and flat out carried that team at times, including the aforementioned Atly anta playoff game.

It's trivial to say that the defense he was playing against has any relevance.  That would be like me saying that Cam turned his season around last year when he began playing poor defenses.  

Seattle has a great defense, and an even better secondary.  I think Cam will have to make extremely accurate passes and good decisions, something that I don't think he excels at, so that's why I said they match up well.  And I don't think its a matter of which QB is "better" but more to the point that which QB will be better on Sunday.  If we can run the ball and Cam can make good decisions and score some points we have a great chance to win.  But we will have to play extremely well to do so.  The seahawks have greater room for error because they are simply more talented.

And I apologize for the comments, I'm not trying to be a smartass, I actually enjoy talking rationally about the team rather than saying "we're gonna blow them out" or "we're going to dominate them" sort of mantra that has been going around lately.  I just haven't seen anything to make me believe that to this point.  I hope we do, but I am just skeptical that we can.

Archived