• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A fascinating article on David Shaw (aka Why David Shaw should be our next coach)

Ruff

I love me some Dave Shaw.  That dude absolutely stonewalled Chip Kelly's offense last year with a team that isn't exactly overabundant with talent (they def have a good squad tho).  Guy worked under Jim Harbaugh, has a history of success, he's innovative but not gimmicky and he does tremendous work on both sides of the ball.  If Rivera was canned last year you would have seen me screaming relentlessly to offer him 40 billion dollars to coach us for one year.

We are never going to get far when we refuse to work around our franchise QB's strengths and skip over hiring coaches that would actually implement those strengths and move this organization forward.

I don't know much about JR's preferences in coaches, but from reading here it sounds like they don't match what is needed for Cam to make this offense relevant again (relevant meaning playoffs or something better than where we've been so far).

Any personnel move our new GM has done in the past, is currently doing or will do in the future will pale in comparison to the effect hiring a Head Coach the likes of David Shaw would immediately have on this Franchise.

I seriously doubt he'll be able to convince the dinosaur currently owning the Panthers to open his check book and do so however.

Not gonna happen Stanford is his dream job, he grew up on campus, his dad was an assistant, later went to college there. Stanford is his home, no amount of money this franchise would put up would make him leave!

Sorry I think he is a great coach!

Want Sumlin, he is A ronin (Masterless samurai) he would probably leave TA&M.

Man, I feel like David Shaw is the only coach that would get the absolute best out of Cam.  He specializes in using many different formations.  He uses two tight ends, something Cam benefited greatly from back in his rookie season.  He works a strong running game.  All those things would help Cam tremendously.  The biggest reason why I would want Shaw to work with Cam, is because he would hold nothing back from Cam.  Shaw would basically throw the book at him, and tell him to master that thing from cover to cover.  To be able to call plays and protection in his sleep.  These are things Rivera shielded Cam from. (It's like Rivera stunted Cam's growth.  Teaching Cam the ABC's of QB play, when he should be working calculus by now)  I feel like if we can't get David Shaw to coach this team next year, Cam will be done in Carolina. 

What other offensive mind out there would be good for Cam?  Jay Gruden wouldn't get the job done.  I don't think Cam would respond to someone yelling, spitting, and cursing in his face 24/7.  Greg Roman?  Possible good coach, but I don't feel strongly about him.  Ultimately I feel like there are only two coaches that would get the best out of Cam.  One was Marc Trestman.  I lobbied hard for him last year.  The other guy is David Shaw.

Just not that many people out there that are offensive geniuses.  Bill O'Brien perhaps?  Whoever we hire, I do want them to have some kind of head coaching experience.  Even if they specialize in either offense or defense, having experience of dealing with both sides of the ball is great.  With all that said, concerning Cam's career here, I feel it's David Shaw or bust.

Just not that many people out there that are offensive geniuses. Bill O'Brien perhaps? Whoever we hire, I do want them to have some kind of head coaching experience. Even if they specialize in either offense or defense, having experience of dealing with both sides of the ball is great. With all that said, concerning Cam's career here, I feel it's David Shaw or bust.

O'briens buy out from penn state is like $35 million. That ain't happening.

Archived