• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton: "I can't see myself playing for a team other than Carolina Panthers"

TheRumGone

I don't know anyone was worried about Cam leaving to begin with. There has virtually been no good quarterbacks who left a team that wanted them to stay. Folks like Manning or even Favre were pushed out, they didn't leave on their own.

People here just don't get that the NFL is not the NBA. If a team wants you they will have you, end of story.

I don't know why anyone was worried about Cam leaving to begin with.  There have virtually been no good quarterbacks who left a team that wanted them to stay. Folks like Manning or even Favre were pushed out, they didn't leave on their own.

It's insecurity, primarily.  People can't believe that this team finally has the kind of superstar athlete that most franchises - in every sport - dream of. 

People here just don't get that the NFL is not the NBA. If a team wants you they will have you, end of story.

I would hate the NFL if the players moved around like they do in the NBA. Mainly because I don't wanna see one year wonder teams with Miami Heat-like salary cap fandangling.

Since I can't start a thread yet, I'll necropost in this thread.

I saw on Yahoo that Charles Johnson wouldn't mind playing for a franchise in London, as long as they paid him more money than Carolina.  Hmm.  You can find that article here.

That article is referencing another one yesterday from ESPN (here).  They must have interviewed the entire panthers team LOL. The ESPN one has Tolbert, Smith and Gross responding.  Most are iffy on it giving their various reasons.  But the best is Steve Smith's:

"If that happens, it's a clear vision that they don't really care about the players' safety," Panthers receiver Steve Smith told ESPN.com. They care about their pockets. And I think that is messed up."

Gotta love Smitty.

Archived