• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gravity

Dpantherman

Went and saw it tonight and I agree with Philly.  Aside from the effects, etc. I really don't think it's anything special.  Definitely not something I ever see myself watching again.

I mean it's a decent/good movie, but if you go watch it just don't get too hyped up... it's being a tad bit overrated in my opinion.

Not the perfect movie...but damn close for a thriller. Saw it in 2D this afternoon and frankly I have no desire to ever watch it again. It was so over the top.

I expected her to have to fight natives at the end and for sharks with lazer eyes to chase her in the water. And then aliens attack and she has to defeat them with her fire extinguisher.

• 2 months later...

Ya know, I won't disagree with your opinion of Faraci as a person. I have had the same thoughts as well...but I still respect the hell out of his film reviews.

Saw Gravity today in IMAX 3D and it was pretty awesome.

Two things I took away from the film: 1)Sandra Bullock is a milf

2) Sandra Bullock should win an Oscar for best actress. Brilliant performance.

I finally watched Gravity last night. Great movie! 

Yeah, I don't think it will happen. It's hard to carry a movie all by yourself and she did it, in front a blue screen too. 

Been great if there had been a gorilla on a horse at the end.

• 6 months later...

Premiered on HBO last night. The cinematography was excellent, the story line was pretty weak and reaching.

Let's get real, the Hubbell orbits at an altitude of about 350 miles and the ISS is at about 200 miles... which means their respective orbits are different. There were simply too many technical/reality flaws in the movie for me, although I like Bullock. Little surprised Clooney took a role where he wasn't the lead and almost a non-factor in the movie. Seems they could have hired a lesser-known actor to do what he did.

Archived