• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What did Capt do to convince the Coaches that he's a Outside CB?

koolkatluke

To answer the question that is the title if this thread:

Chris Gamble retired and we didn't pick up anybody that's a better CB than Captain. I think it's more circumstance than anything. Rivera has said multiple times that he thinks Cpt is one if if not the best Nickels in football. Don't forget, we almost* let him walk before resigning him.

That's my question. Capt isn't playing Nickle on 1st or 2nd Down. He playing on the outside. In this game would it be better maybe to have White and JT as your starting CB against Zona's big WR??

None of their Starters are under 6'2. And we all know Capt problem with big WR.

More man with our Pass rush would equal more TO opportunities. Zone will give up Rec. and you have to depend on people making open field tackles and cutting Yards after Cacthes down to nothing.

While thats true. With a guy like fitz you're more likely to be able to get the best of him if youre in zone rather than man. However you're right in the regard of man it would be best to start the game off depending on the pass rush and if its good enough we hopefully wont have to depend on anything gimmicky just to stop one guy.

See it how you want to. You complain about something that you could have avoided. The first Post was 1 line. You saw what the topic was and still posted in it.

At what point do "you" blame yourself for reading topics "you" didn't want to?

I'm not an argumentative person and I don't go about trying to provoke people...I thought my initial question was valid and innocuous. I don't know why you got defensive about it.

I don't understand why you literally JUST made a thread specifically about questioning the coach's decisions on starting certain players over others, and minutes later you make another thread specifically questioning a coach's decision to start a player over others (Munnerlyn). In the initial thread, you even asked "What has Capt. done to keep a starting job over White, Florance (sic)..." and I guess you decided it'd be a good idea to essentially copy/paste that into a new topic. Is my question not valid? Do you have an answer, or 'no comment'?

I'm a big proponent of quality over quantity when it comes to making topics, and your actions just seem downright silly here.

While thats true. With a guy like fitz you're more likely to be able to get the best of him if youre in zone rather than man. However you're right in the regard of man it would be best to start the game off depending on the pass rush and if its good enough we hopefully wont have to depend on anything gimmicky just to stop one guy.

My only problem here is I think Fitz is more of a smart WR then a physically imposing 1. He can find the Hole in Zones and Playing him Man with a bigger CB may be a better way to go. If you see that he is beating the match up to easily from the line of sccrimage then you go to the Zone.

I'm not an argumentative person and I don't go about trying to provoke people...I thought my initial question was valid and innocuous. I don't know why you got defensive about it.

I don't understand why you literally JUST made a thread specifically about questioning the coach's decisions on starting certain players over others, and minutes later you make another thread specifically questioning a coach's decision to start a player over others (Munnerlyn). In the initial thread, you even asked "What has Capt. done to keep a starting job over White, Florance (sic)..." and I guess you decided it'd be a good idea to essentially copy/paste that into a new topic. Is my question not valid? Do you have an answer, or 'no comment'?

I'm a big proponent of quality over quantity when it comes to making topics, and your actions just seem downright silly here.

Simple

1 Thread is about the coaching staff over all.

The other is about the Zona Game specific.

Does that help you out?

I also like to point out there are 6 Beason threads on the front page. Are you in those threads asking the same question?

I have never understood why people get their panties all twisted because someone makes a thread about whatever topic. It is quite simple actually, don't click threads you don't like.

Also, if you for some reason do go into a thread you don't like, well golly there's a button on your browser and mouse where you can go back a page.

Simple

1 Thread is about the coaching staff over all.

The other is about the Zona Game specific.

Does that help you out?

I also like to point out there are 6 Beason threads on the front page. Are you in those threads asking the same question?

Ok gotcha, thanks for the response. I highly anticipate your thread next week on why the coach is starting Munnerlyn against the Vikings, and I'm sure the thread the week after about Munnerlyn starting against the Rams will be an absolute delight to read as well.

As far as the Beason threads...those aren't even remotely comparable. Beason being traded was HUGE news, of course there's gonna be a lot of chatter about it. We have the one main thread about the trade, and several smaller more specific threads pertaining to the aftermath of the trade. You literally made 2 identical threads in a span of 10 minutes.

Is Flo gonna tackle him? Man I dont want him doin that Ole bullshit if he does get the assigment. Im thinking Norman is the right man for the job.

Josh Norman isn't the right man for any job. Josh Norman has made every person he has been assigned to look like a super star. Fitz would break records on Norman

JT can be trusted to cover Fitz for a couple of seconds, that should be enough to get close to Palmer. As Palmer is not the great to begin with that means he is going to miss some of the throws (and he will end up on his back some of them before throwing). 

Still, expect Fitz to have a 100 yard game. But as long as he is not a sure 10-15 yards whenever they need it, I think we will win the game. 

Can I be wrong? Yes! Do I trust Rivera to put together a plan to handle an offense with one great player. H__ yes! (Regardless of his short comings, so far, as  a HC)

Ok gotcha, thanks for the response. I highly anticipate your thread next week on why the coach is starting Munnerlyn against the Vikings, and I'm sure the thread the week after about Munnerlyn starting against the Rams will be an absolute delight to read as well.

As far as the Beason threads...those aren't even remotely comparable. Beason being traded was HUGE news, of course there's gonna be a lot of chatter about it. We have the one main thread about the trade, and several smaller more specific threads pertaining to the aftermath of the trade. You literally made 2 identical threads in a span of 10 minutes.

1. Beyond the point that you didn't have to read either thread but you choose to. So you should bitch and complain to yourself. For reading and replying to stuff you didn't want to.

Some of you act like people literally put a gun to your head and made you read and reply to topics.

2. The fact that you're bitching about a topic but still posting in it. Is even crazier by the way.

3. There are 2 goodbye Beason thread.

1 Trade thread

1 He passed his Physical Thread.

1 He had a interview thread

1 Beason Cap room thread

1 I need a new jersey to replace my Beason Jersey Thread

1 This Media person just trash Beason let's get him thread

And not one of those has MasterAwesome (with his 450 post) bitching about to many Beason threads.

But now 450 post guy wants to be the Thread topic Moderater. Really???

1. Beyond the point that you didn't have to read either thread but you choose to. So you should bitch and complain to yourself. For reading and replying to stuff you didn't want to.

Some of you act like people literally put a gun to your head and made you read and reply to topics.

2. The fact that you're bitching about a topic but still posting in it. Is even crazier by the way.

3. There are 2 goodbye Beason thread.

1 Trade thread

1 He passed his Physical Thread.

1 He had a interview thread

1 Beason Cap room thread

1 I need a new jersey to replace my Beason Jersey Thread

1 This Media person just trash Beason let's get him thread

And not one of those has MasterAwesome (with his 450 post) bitching about to many Beason threads.

But now 450 post guy wants to be the Thread topic Moderater. Really???

If my post count bothers you, I could always start a thread asking why the coaching staff is starting Josh Thomas over Melvin White, then another thread about why Josh Thomas is starting over Josh Norman, and then a third about why Josh Thomas is starting over Drayton Florence (unless you already called dibs on those?). Between your identical threads and your emphasis on post count, you are obviously a quantity over quality kind of guy...but hey, to each his own.

I don't understand your point about the Beason threads...are you trying to make my point for me? You just outlined it yourself...of all the Beason threads, only 2 are similar (the goodbye threads). The 2nd one that was made was by the freaking creator of the forum, who happened to have a personal relationship with Beason...who am I to tell him he doesn't need to make another thread when one was already made? Furthermore, everyone had been anticipating Zod releasing some kind of statement about the Beason trade because of that personal relationship. It's also much sillier when the SAME PERSON makes a duplicate thread. When you see duplicate threads, it's usually someone trying to break some news that they didn't know had already been broken...but you got me here, I'm just baffled. What you're doing here might be comparable if the same person made both 'Goodbye Beason' threads.

The funny thing is I really don't care lol. For all the remarks from you about me "bitching" and complaining, and that random guy who wanted some easy pie from you who said my panties were tight or something, I've been pretty calm and civil here...more than you can say. I made one harmless comment and then you got defensive about it and here we are...at this point I'm just messing with you. The power is out so this has been my entertainment in the meantime.

Yeah I don't have to read your topic or post in it, but personally I just made this thread a lot more enjoyable for myself. That's called taking some sour lemons and making sweet delicious lemonade!

can palmer throw the ball while laying on the ground writhing in pain?

not sure we're going to have to worry too much about fitz cause i don't think he's going to be getting the ball thrown to him much and if it is, i don't know how effective the throw will be.

If my post count bothers you, I could always start a thread asking why the coaching staff is starting Josh Thomas over Melvin White, then another thread about why Josh Thomas is starting over Josh Norman, and then a third about why Josh Thomas is starting over Drayton Florence (unless you already called dibs on those?). Between your identical threads and your emphasis on post count, you are obviously a quantity over quality kind of guy...but hey, to each his own.

I don't understand your point about the Beason threads...are you trying to make my point for me? You just outlined it yourself...of all the Beason threads, only 2 are similar (the goodbye threads). The 2nd one that was made was by the freaking creator of the forum, who happened to have a personal relationship with Beason...who am I to tell him he doesn't need to make another thread when one was already made? Furthermore, everyone had been anticipating Zod releasing some kind of statement about the Beason trade because of that personal relationship. It's also much sillier when the SAME PERSON makes a duplicate thread. When you see duplicate threads, it's usually someone trying to break some news that they didn't know had already been broken...but you got me here, I'm just baffled. What you're doing here might be comparable if the same person made both 'Goodbye Beason' threads.

The funny thing is I really don't care lol. For all the remarks from you about me "bitching" and complaining, and that random guy who wanted some easy pie from you who said my panties were tight or something, I've been pretty calm and civil here...more than you can say. I made one harmless comment and then you got defensive about it and here we are...at this point I'm just messing with you. The power is out so this has been my entertainment in the meantime.

Yeah I don't have to read your topic or post in it, but personally I just made this thread a lot more enjoyable for myself. That's called taking some sour lemons and making sweet delicious lemonade!

I'm sorry I gave you to much credit. You're Mr. under 300 post.

And the point of your post count is

You have 273 post I have over 7,000. In what universe do you get to dictate what topics are made on this forum?? Where you haven't been a member of.

I would also liked to point out Awesome again.

1 thread is about the Coaching staff and their general practices when it comes to playing time. And the other is Game centric. Looking at the match up's in the Zona game.

If you can't tell the difference not my fault.

But it still doesn't change the fact that

1. You are not a thread topic moderater.

2. You never have to look at a topic if you don't want to. You can usually see what a topic is before you click on it.

Example

I didn't want to read about "Getting another Jersey to replace my Beason Jersey" or the "This guy is trashing Beason let's get him" threads.

So I didn't click on them.

See how easy that was?? I would call it a "awesome" feature this forum has. Maybe you should check it out since you've haven't been here or used a computer long.

Archived