• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Begin Head Coach Search?

carp24000

Hope this is true.

I'm not sold after 1 solid win against the Giants (zero wins) & where our DL was insanely in BEASTMODE.  We will see in November against the Flacons where we really are.  The cards, vikes, rams & bucs would all be beat by the talent on this team with a top notch coaching staff.  Time for Rivera to put up or shut up.  Come to think of it, Rivera actually doesn't say much 1 way of the other.

I'm sure Gettleman was pissed watching Rivera poo the bed during that Buffalo game, as he sat on a 3 pt lead. SMH

Now, he's going to let Rivera know, "it's full pedal to the metal"/you gotta win if you wanna come back. 

They probably had a talk and we see what happened against the Giants (38-0). 

So now during the 4th game, in case Rivera got complacent, this is perfect timing (especially after a 2 week bye). 

And this should silence/Question all the "Rivera is learning, is great coach to me" supporters on The Huddle!!

Gettleman knows Rivera is flawed. Anybody would (except some Huddler's/his relatives), just watching hist first few seasons, or the Buffalo game.  

No matter what me, you, or the organization want to call it, the information is public now. It's began. It's active.

Yep.  Seriously doubt the organization wanted this information out there.

I agree with doing the preliminary work now, but no, you don't want this known.

That's ultimately what it comes down to.

Like I said, this whole ordeal may limit our list of candidates. We could very well end up with another Ron Rivera kind of hire again.

DG aint gonna let that happen.... you can see him beginning to put his mark on this team and for the most part I like what he is doing..

I'd think this was bad if Rivera was a good coach, but he hasn't been since he's been here. If Rivera loses to the Cardinals, he deserves to be fired. He can either use this as motivation or just stay the same stoic Ron. Gettleman has had enough and is preparing himself for the very likelihood that the Giants game was an aberration against a very poor team.

Maybe this is being leaked to keep the fire lit under Rivera... a story was circulated that Rivera would be fired if we lost to the Giants and guess what, the team responded and hammered the Giants 38-0. These players care about coach Rivera and will fight for him, so maybe Gettleman wants to keep the gun to Rivera's head to get the most out of this team? 

On the other hand, it wouldn't surprise me if they were lining up candidates... yes we hammered the Giants but the Giants are a crap team, Gettleman may have already seen enough and decided to move on. 

Exactly! You can't do your best coaching search at the of the season if you could line up/size up candidates now, months in advance. This way you can properly access, negotiate, wait out certain people, grab them early, etc..

Keep him or not keep him. It's a good Move. Rivera's hasn't shown anything in the NFL that would require otherwise. I would have fired him last year. So maybe Gettle is just trying to do this the right way, barring a miracle by Ron Ron (for me a Superbowl appearance). 

If  the panthers get blown out.......... I'm already blaming this as a distraction.

Rivera and everyone already knows that if he doesn't win,  if he doesn't at least make the playoffs,  he is fired..   To leak this  hours before a road game,  to me,  shows a lack of respect and faith in both the players and the coaching staff.          It's not only kickin a guy,  but kickin a guy that is already down.    

Either freaking fire Rivera or let him finish the season..          no need for a mass media feeding frenzy.

DG aint gonna let that happen.... you can see him beginning to put his mark on this team and for the most part I like what he is doing..

JR hired Gettleman. Based on Gettleman's own statements, I wouldn't expect any kind of shocking hire from us.

I'm hoping that I am wrong, but I see another boring and relatively inexpensive defensive coordinator as head coach.