• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If we have any interest in Nicks...

CatMan72

because every interview he has given he's said the same thing: build from the inside out, build strong lines.

he's modeling after the Giants, where he was part of 2 superbowl winning teams

So some press conferences before he even has a record as a GM cements his philosophy in your mind? The Giants are one of the worst in the league right now because they invested so heavily in their DL that they let the rest of the D suck.

I don't know if I want Nicks or not, but I do think its a wee bit premature to have a line on a guys philosophy after 1 quarter of an abysmal season.

We gave them Beason trust and believe Nicks is next with a lower price tag and what he desires to be the most, the number 1 option on a team. Teams do other teams favors in the NFL all the time for example Jeff Fisher and Mike Shannahan. Without Jeff the redskins don't have RG3

Is anyone honestly turning their nose up at Nicks in our current situation? (for the right price)

Problem is, "the right price" is market value. I highly doubt he's going to offer a discount on his first big contract.

Look at what the top receivers went for this year.

Mike Wallace: $60 million.

Victor Cruz: $43 million.

Dwayne Bowe: $56 million.

Greg Jennings: $45 million.

Percy Harvin: $67 million.

So, I don't see him honestly taking a penny less than probably $45 million.

When you factor in his injury concerns, this has a high potential to backfire on whoever signs him. Just my take.

Problem is, "the right price" is market value. I highly doubt he's going to offer a discount on his first big contract.

Look at what the top receivers went for last year.

Mike Wallace: $60 million.

Victor Cruz: $43 million.

Dwayne Bowe: $56 million.

Greg Jennings: $45 million.

Percy Harvin: $67 million.

So, I don't see him honestly taking a penny less than probably $45 million.

When you factor in his injury concerns, this has a high potential to backfire on whoever signs him. Just my take.

Lets hope Dave can get him to come for less or somehow structure his contract to the point he has to put up big numbers to earn all that deniro. 

Lets hope Dave can get him to come for less or somehow structure his contract to the point he has to put up big numbers to earn all that deniro.

we are in cap trouble only the next two years, if that. so it could be feasible that a contract is slightly more back loaded to work with the current situation.

of course, and it's pretty much the same people that blame everyone but Cam because we havent given him enough weapons.

Jesus christ man, is this all you can do?

Blowing $50 million dollars on one WR isn't going to help our offensive line. Do I really have to spell it out for you?

That was a very compelling and sound argument on why we should not address our o line but spend $50 million on one receiver.

what the hell is your problem?  why are you so mad at life?  and why is it you can only make your weak arguments by taking other peoples words to the far extreme?  iv'e pointed out in other threads problems from wr's, olinemen, rb's and yes, our own untouchable QB.

Archived