• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Perfect OC for next year? JR/DG Please read.

Dash Global

Jackson was interviewed for the Panthers OC job this year before it went to Shula. As I recall, word was that he was pretty interested in the job too.

For those of you who have seen his clips from Hard Knocks, I have to imagine his personality played a role in Rivera's decision not to hire him.

How could you not be a fan of a guy that basically averages a top 10 offensive unit? 

I know the FO is not gonna pick the coordinator separately. 

Even though I disagree with that philosophy. 

Obviously the most proven / talented guy will help our team to win the best. Regardless of past ties. 

Sadly HC's do not attempt to get the "best" guy. Instead they go for their buddies or people they have connections with. 

I am merely throwing out who I think would make the best realistic (if we wanted him) OC option. 

Not who is most likely to be hired. 

>Not who is most likely to be hired

>realistic

um, okay?

Sure, he has really good stats, but his offenses never win when it matters. The Ravens fired him, ended up making a push to (and winning) the Super Bowl.

San Diego never accomplished anything in the playoffs with him at the helm (and Norv Turner helping call plays).

How about the fact that, during his stint as a head coach, he never finished with a winning record. Anywhere. Not in college. Not with Miami.

Again, I didn't say the guy wasn't good. He is decent. I'm just not a fan of him.

How else are you gonna judge a coordinator if not by his results coordinating?

Or simply put, what is the better gauge for measuring an OC?

Start with having the intricate knowledge of the game that the coaches who have spent their life involved with it have. Take into consideration style and philosophy, previous familiarity and the systems compatibility with the players you want to build around.

>Not who is most likely to be hired

>realistic

um, okay?

Sure, he has really good stats, but his offenses never win when it matters. The Ravens fired him, ended up making a push to (and winning) the Super Bowl.

San Diego never accomplished anything in the playoffs with him at the helm (and Norv Turner helping call plays).

How about the fact that, during his stint as a head coach, he never finished with a winning record. Anywhere. Not in college. Not with Miami.

Again, I didn't say the guy wasn't good. He is decent. I'm just not a fan of him.

Realistic as in we could realistically hire him if we wanted to. Coaching college, from NC, etc. 

Not realistic as in who I think JR / new HC will hire. 

Two different angles / measures of the word "realistic". 

There are so many factors that play into winning in the playoffs. 

The only one thing a OC has control over is offense / scoring points, for which Cameron averaged basically a top 10 unit. 

What he did as a HC is irrelevant as coordinating and HCing are two different things and we wouldnt hire him as a HC to being with. 

Again, I am asking who do you think is a better OC that CAR could realistically hire next year if the FO/HC wanted them?

Start with having the intricate knowledge of the game that the coaches who have spent their life involved with it have. Take into consideration style and philosophy, previous familiarity and the systems compatibility with the players you want to build around.

How exactly does one measure this? 

All I know is the dude knows offenses, produces top 10 units, and helps develop QBs. 

How exactly does one measure this? 

All I know is the dude knows offenses, produces top 10 units, and helps develop QBs. 

I'm suggesting that picking the right coordinator is not something that should be done based off a measurement.

Again, I am asking who do you think is a better OC that CAR could realistically hire next year if the FO/HC wanted them?

Who do we hire as HC?

It's hard to specify who I think we could realistically hire without knowing who the regime is. It's almost impossible to say, actually. Are you saying who could we hire as a candidate? Well fug dude, we could hire almost anyone we wanted to. It is a capitalistic country, and employees flock to the highest bidder.

Who do we hire as HC?

It's hard to specify who I think we could realistically hire without knowing who the regime is. It's almost impossible to say, actually. Are you saying who could we hire as a candidate? Well fug dude, we could hire almost anyone we wanted to. It is a capitalistic country, and employees flock to the highest bidder.

This isnt hard man. 

Of potential OC's, who are better candidates than Cameron?

NFL HC's & NFL OC's are n/a for obvious reasons. Unless of course you imagine them to be getting fired soon. 

This isnt hard man. 

Of potential OC's, who are better candidates than Cameron?

NFL HC's & NFL OC's are n/a for obvious reasons. Unless of course you imagine them to be getting fired soon. 

Why are NFL OCs off limits and not college OCs? Who says he wants to leave? Dude, you're asking a question with thousands of variables, and asking me to give you an answer to a question you can't even ask.

Archived