• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Perfect OC for next year? JR/DG Please read.

Dash Global

Why are NFL OCs off limits and not college OCs? Who says he wants to leave? Dude, you're asking a question with thousands of variables, and asking me to give you an answer to a question you can't even ask.

Going from College OC to NFL OC is a upward / promotion the same way as going from a College HC to NFL HC is. Hence why that would be plausible. 

People do not generally make lateral moves ie NFL HC to NFL HC etc. without first being fired. 

Whether someone wants to leave is irrelevant. We are talking about moves that could realistically go down ie guys looking for a promotion, more money, home ties, etc. 

Your just ducking and dodging having to come up with a better / more proven OC candidate. 

Going from College OC to NFL OC is a upward / promotion the same way as going from a College HC to NFL HC is. Hence why that would be plausible. 

People do not generally make lateral moves ie NFL HC to NFL HC etc. without first being fired. 

Whether someone wants to leave is irrelevant. We are talking about moves that could realistically go down ie guys looking for a promotion, more money, home ties, etc. 

Your just ducking and dodging having to come up with a better / more proven OC candidate. 

Hue Jackson, Kevin Gilbride (who very well could be fired/let go at the end of this season), Kyle Shanahan (who could very easily be let go at the end of the season), etc. There are names out there, but you're trying to make this weird argument where you are disqualifying anyone but your option.

Sorry bro, Cam Cameron isn't teh bestest OC evah. Else he would've gotten an NFL interview this past offseason.

Hue Jackson, Kevin Gilbride (who very well could be fired/let go at the end of this season), Kyle Shanahan (who could very easily be let go at the end of the season), etc. There are names out there, but you're trying to make this weird argument where you are disqualifying anyone but your option.

Sorry bro, Cam Cameron isn't teh bestest OC evah. Else he would've gotten an NFL interview this past offseason.

Finally what ive been asking for from the jump. 

Hue Jackson - 19th average offense (3 years as an OC)

Kevin Gilbride - 13.5th average offense (12 years as an OC)

Kyle Shanahan - 16.4th average offense (5 years as an OC)

No one said Cameron was the best OC evah. What I am saying is he appears to be the best / hold the best track record of any realistic OC candidates. Two of those guys above your speculating about getting fired btw. Just saying. 

Cameron has an average offense of 11.6th. Better than all those guys above. 

There was a guy who got run out of New York for stinking up the Giants offense some years back too. Fellow by the name of Payton. He seems to have done okay in new surroundings.

Some coach/QB combos just don't mesh, but look up Cameron's record everywhere else and you'll see a different story.

He's not my top choice though.

My favorite HC/OC combo idea is Mike Zimmer and Hue Jackson.

Yea but to be fair Payton is a head coach and did not have Drew Brees in NYC. That NO team works around him. I think Cameron might be right were he needs to be.

Finally what ive been asking for from the jump. 

Hue Jackson - 19th average offense (3 years as an OC)

Kevin Gilbride - 13.5th average offense (12 years as an OC)

Kyle Shanahan - 16.4th average offense (5 years as an OC)

No one said Cameron was the best OC evah. What I am saying is he appears to be the best / hold the best track record of any realistic OC candidates. Two of those guys above your speculating about getting fired btw. Just saying. 

Cameron has an average offense of 11.6th. Better than all those guys above. 

Now, let's find out the average place of the defenses in which he played, that resided in his division, shall we?

If he was the best option in the world, then he would've gotten an NFLjob after he was fired from Baltimore.

Again, read my fuging initial post. I said that he's decent, but he's not someone I'm a fan of.

with the games that shula called against the giants and vikings, i think he might be the perfect OC for next year. of course he's got a whole long history of games that shout "NOT THE BEST FOR THE JOB!!", but if going forward he can repeat the aggressiveness and the spreading out of the defense like he did those two games he just might be.

i do know this...cam cameron isn't the "perfect" choice. he's ok...but he's a very conservative game manager.

average offense of 11.6 with a rookie / inexperienced qb

yea terrible / trash :sigh:

like i said above. name me a better more realistic option at OC for next year.

ill be waiting.

their offense was the one thing preventing them from winning the Superbowl every year. When they fired Cameron they won. Could have been a dynasty had he been gone earlier.

if you're completely basing your argument off of one point then you're doing it wrong. You clearly never watched the ravens under cam Cameron.

with the games that shula called against the giants and vikings, i think he might be the perfect OC for next year. of course he's got a whole long history of games that shout "NOT THE BEST FOR THE JOB!!", but if going forward he can repeat the aggressiveness and the spreading out of the defense like he did those two games he just might be.

i do know this...cam cameron isn't the "perfect" choice. he's ok...but he's a very conservative game manager.

I would like to see him win against teams that aren't down on themselves. Seeing how he calls plays inside of the division would be an awesome indicator of where Shula is, and where he is going, moving forward.

I would like to see him win against teams that aren't down on themselves. Seeing how he calls plays inside of the division would be an awesome indicator of where Shula is, and where he is going, moving forward.

same with rivera.

i like this side of them, but i still need to see them in a close game and how they manage it. it's great if it's a blowout, but if it's better matched and it's taken down to the wire...meh. i still have no confidence.

Archived