• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thank God Tavon never made it to pick 14

DaveThePanther2008

Guest Spider Monkey

Not at all. But a good portion of this forum would have been screaming for him over Star.

I was pulling for Star to fall to 14. Never thought we would get him but there isn't a chance I thought he would take Austin.

A good portion of this board also bitched and moaned when we drafted Cam Newton and Luke Kuechly.

You can thank the Bills for not wanting the Jets to have him and giving the pick to St Louis which let the Bills get Manuel and The Legend Of Kiko Alonso.  So, it definitely worked out for the Bills.

Austin to the Jets would have been hilarious, though.

Add Woods and Goodwin and it looks like the Bills made out like bandits. Funny that Milliner looks to be one struggling the most out of the Jets top picks too. 

Ogletree is making some splash plays too, just like at Georgia.

Anyone got the lowdown on what the RG3 haul looks like. They still owe STL a 1st dont they.

I was a huge Tavon Austin fan, but "NO" we would not have been that stupid to draft Austin over Star.

Austin sure is struggling a bit right now but he's a damn rookie. That was a pure stupid statement comparing him to Joe Adams. Joe Adams was drafted to be a Returner. Austin was drafted to be a Wide Receiver.

Cant blame Austin slow season without blaming the Rams' offense. They have no running game and a bunch of no3 receivers. Bradford is a terrible QB too. His stats says something else, but he clearly isnt that if you have watch him play. Most of his yardage this year came after the 3rd or 4th Quarter (i.e. vs Atl).

I wouldnt be calling Austin a "BUST" after 6 games too. I mean his stats is similar to our 4th year veteran Brandon Lafell who most fans is obsess with.

Tavon Austin: 24 rec, 159 yards, 2 tds

Brandon Lafell: 15 rec, 220 yards, 3 tds

This

Add Woods and Goodwin and it looks like the Bills made out like bandits. Funny that Milliner looks to be one struggling the most out of the Jets top picks too. 

Ogletree is making some splash plays too, just like at Georgia.

Anyone got the lowdown on what the RG3 haul looks like. They still owe STL a 1st dont they.

Nickell Robie is kicking butt, too.  He makes the active team every week and is getting time in packaged d's - nickel and dime.  Above Meeks and Williams.  He was an UDFA, too.  Funny, of all UDFA, everyone thought Da'Rick Rogers would be THE MAN.

Hopkins, the kicker got is on IR. Funny, though, the way it worked out - our 2013 draft got us him, he gets injured so we sign Carpenter just days before the season opens.  Carpenter has been playing at a Pro Bowl level.

Chris Gragg looks unpollished and I still have hope in UDFA QB Tuel.

I was talking to my boss, a Panthers season ticket holder.  He said he was satisfied in what the Bills are doing to turn it around.  I told him I do not know if I have the same hope for the Panthers.  Too many suspects.  The OC?  Newton?  WR's?  What?

Austin was not what the Panthers needed.  I hope to be more active on this board as in time, especially when time frees up.  The Panthers need DB's that can contribute immediately but will be foolish drafting them early.  They need to get WR early, and one that's pro ready.  Imagine if ya'll got Robert Woods, from USC?  You'd have been called fools for reaching.  Mel Kiper would laugh for weeks.  McShay would scream and yell.  Etc.etc.etc...

This

LaFell was a third round pick or in other words his skills were not set in stone. When you draft a player in the top 10 he is supposed to be at the top of his position and shouldn't be a project player as one would be in the later rounds. Austin couldn't run routes and can not catch, both of these problems are showing with his drops and lack of separation or YAC. No one would say LaFell has anything near the speed Austin possesses but LaFell had double the YAC in his rookie year and more than double in his career. 

lol so many of you guys thought this guy would play THIS YeAR, not next year. Pick a wideout at 7, dude better start. That was the whole conversation about this guy. Sheeeit, pick em at 14 and he better start too.

Maybe this will wake some of you up and stop dreamin like kids can play with men. Star is already a man. Thats a good pick.

Archived