• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

You Know What Really Grinds My Gears...

chknwing

Honestly its basically price gauging and the government should step in just like during disasters with people selling ice.

Now, you could say you don't have to buy anything but think about it.

They have 80,000 people trapped up in there for 4-5 hours on a sunny Sunday morning, you're gonna get thirsty, even for a water.

Wow....talk about someone who hasn't got a clue about what price gouging is.

You are not "trapped in there"....they are not raising prices becuase of some natural disaster.

That is one of the most absurd posts I have ever read.

I don't mean to be rude and offensive but I'm sorry you've been taking it in the ass so long you don't know when you're getting proper screwed.

There is no reason they should be selling water for 4 dollars, you are being price gauged whether you want to believe it or not.

Just because you don't have to buy something doesn't mean they aren't overcharging, for WATER.

You'd think they'd charge a reasonable price on water to discourage drinking beer and maintaining that family atmosphere Jerry bangs on about and it being the Bible Belt and all.

I'm sorry you all don't like the idea of the government stepping in when someone wants to take advantage of you, for a natural resource.

But yeah, I can look like a prat carrying around 2 bottles of water all day. That's awesome.

I don't mean to be rude and offensive but I'm sorry you've been taking it in the ass so long you don't know when you're getting proper screwed.

There is no reason they should be selling water for 4 dollars, you are being price gauged whether you want to believe it or not.

Just because you don't have to buy something doesn't mean they aren't overcharging, for WATER.

You'd think they'd charge a reasonable price on water to discourage drinking beer and maintaining that family atmosphere Jerry bangs on about and it being the Bible Belt and all.

I'm sorry you all don't like the idea of the government stepping in when someone wants to take advantage of you, for a natural resource.

But yeah, I can look like a prat carrying around 2 bottles of water all day. That's awesome.

That is NOT price gouging....take a fuging Economics course so you have an idea of what you are talking about.

It is supply and demand....the same effect that has everything (food, housing, etc) more expensive in NYC than in Charlotte.

That is NOT price gouging....take a fuging Economics course so you have an idea of what you are talking about.

It is supply and demand....the same effect that has everything (food, housing, etc) more expensive in NYC than in Charlotte.

So what's wrong with overcharging for Ice during a hurricane then.

Its supply and demand too, I've got it, you want it.

You're taking advantage of people. People will pay 5 bucks for a beer at a restaurant, that same restaurant doesn't charge you 4 for a water does it, NO, because they aren't pricks.

I bring my 16 yo son with me to most games.  He is a whiney little bitch when he does not get his fix of Bojangles.

I pay the damn $20 for a Strips, Fries, and Coke....but it is only to shut him up.

yeah, parents excluded from my original statement..  

So what's wrong with overcharging for Ice during a hurricane then.

Its supply and demand too, I've got it, you want it.

You're taking advantage of people. People will pay 5 bucks for a beer at a restaurant, that same restaurant doesn't charge you 4 for a water does it, NO, because they aren't pricks.

Because it is a NATURAL DISASTER and there is no free market at play. You have no choice in the matter. People need these items for survival, that's gouging. A football game is a LEISURE ACTIVITY, it's voluntary, discretionary and you are free to come and to go.

Why not have the fuging government regulate ticket prices and parking fees too, now there is a crime. Absurd.

Because it is a NATURAL DISASTER and there is no free market at play. You have no choice in the matter. People need these items for survival, that's gouging. A football game is a LEISURE ACTIVITY, it's voluntary, discretionary and you are free to come and to go.

Why not have the fuging government regulate ticket prices and parking fees too, now there is a crime. Absurd.

So your moral compass only gets triggered by a state of emergency. You do realize that some economists don't believe gouging laws should exist during these times either. They spout the same Supply and Demand theory.

They believe the practice of price gouging will mean only those in real need will pay the ridiculous prices and so others wont stock up. That the resources will magically get to where they are most needed.

You act like there is a free market within the stadium, I cant walk around and find a cheaper kiosk for a more competitive price.

Leaving the stadium is hardly a solution when once you leave you're not supposed to re-enter. I'm sorry but in reality you are trapped up in that stadium for 4-5 hours, you do not have another choice on a hot day other than to pay the prices. Maybe its not a big deal for a young person in fine health but what about the eldely or not so healthy living off a pension. Some old coot would rather take the risks of suffering a heat stroke than pay 4 dollars for a bottle of water, Jerry at his age should know better,

Price gouging is defined as the "pricing above the market price when no alternative retailer is available". While it is usually associated with national disasters it is not the only instance where such practices occur.

Its happening in stadiums and sporting events the world over, its happening in Brazil in preparation for the World Cup. Its high time people stood up.

"D'y'all hav dy't Dew 'ere"

Heard every day at my restaurant.

I want to stab people.

Sounds like the folks from Tabor City and Green Swamp road have discovered the Applebee's in Shalotte. Look on the bright side, you could be working at Mankins at the Holden Beach bridge explaining to Yankees why a hot dog "all the way" has slaw instead of relish.

Archived