• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

You Know What Really Grinds My Gears...

chknwing

..$9 for 2x20 oz bottles of mountain dew at the stadium.  WTF?  I can understand inflated prices for stuff like bb-q, brisket, etc. or hell even a souvenir cup  But this is something that comes in the exact same package that we can buy it in from a store. Its marked up 450%!!!.  Thats just ridiculous.  You cant bring you own poo into the stadium so you are forced to buy it from concessions.

and yes I understand I can watch the game from home but I rather support the "team" by buying a ticket.  They should support the fans by not raping them on soda.

You need to frequent the tinderbox more. That way you would know that they all hate capitalism, market economics....and that companies should not make a profit.

Don't listen to this guy.  He probably thinks $12 for a beer is OK because HE can afford it and doesn't care about anyone else.  He probably doesn't think you work hard enough and that's why you can't buy it.

In seriousness though, it is capitalism and that is how the country is ran.  Can you blame them?  It's just business.  Same reason we pay so much for broadband that sucks compared to other countries that pay far less for better quality.  If someone is paying, they'll be selling, and if everyone agrees to sell it for that much, no one is going to break the trend.  

Don't listen to this guy. He probably thinks $12 for a beer is OK because HE can afford it and doesn't care about anyone else. He probably doesn't think you work hard enough and that's why you can't buy it.

In seriousness though, it is capitalism and that is how the country is ran. Can you blame them? It's just business. Same reason we pay so much for broadband that sucks compared to other countries that pay far less for better quality. If someone is paying, they'll be selling, and if everyone agrees to sell it for that much, no one is going to break the trend.

I think $12 a beer is absurd. Which is why I drink heavily at the tailgate....bring a water into the stadium...and usually buy one soft drink during the game.

I choose not to pay their price. If everyone does this, the price would drop. Instead , there are people like you....pay the price and then bitch about it on a message board.

They charge the price because they have a captive audience that is willing to pay.

Archived