• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What should I drink?

Jeff L

I typically do not drink that often and when I do it is normally beer.  When I feel like getting crazy I will have a couple crown and cokes.  I have had a heck of a week and need to blow off some steam so I am looking for suggestions on what I should drink this weekend.

Pie for all who offer good advice!

What is the difference in the three Hawk?

In the most basic terms, my understanding is that:

Silver has not been aged, or if it has been, usually for just a few weeks in stainless steel. It will give you the most pure agave flavor.

Reposado has been aged for a few months in wood barrels, usually oak, giving it a slight brown hue. It is often aged in barrels that were used for some other liquor, and as such, the flavor will vary.

Anejo has been aged in barrels for at least a year, leading to a darker hue and what most would qualify as a "smoother" tequila.

What is the difference in the three Hawk?

price!!!

I've only ever had the silver so I am not sure...I know there can be significant price differences between them though!

not going to lie...my favorite is this....sweeter and doesn't have that tequila bite that most people don't really enjoy!

0085592121210-02.jpg

Wow, I can't believe so many people here are recommending tequila! I hate that swill. The smell alone makes me gag.

Personally, I'd say my "I'm having a hell of a day" drink for a liquor novice would be a nice economy vodka. Like a Pinnacle or Smirnoff. They'll take the pain away, aren't as sharp and a little easier to sip, and will only set you back about 11 bucks.

But it's been a while since I started testing the spirits so most of my advice isn't for novice drinkers. Do what suits you, I guess.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Archived