• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Looking at NE. How will we fare against Brady if the front can't get any pressure?

janderson20vt

NE's line is nowhere near as good as SF, and Brady is obviously much less mobile.   Outside of Gronk, the Pats WR are average at best.  Basically, we should be able to get pressure with our front 4, and the occasional blitz, allowing us to take away Gronk  and have at least 6 or 7 in coverage at all times.

The Patriots will have a good game plan, especially since they had 2 weeks to prepare.  The offense is going to have to have a better performance than the last 2 weeks, but I certainly don't think this game is unwinnable.

My only real concern with Cam has been the fact the offense has not been able to connect on deep passes hardly any.  I know it's not just of him, and Shula's offense is designed to run more with less deep shots.  And Cam has been playing smarter by taking what is there.

I posted before the Niners game that I thought they would gameplan against the Panthers by trying to stop the run and intermediate routes and try to make Cam beat them deep.  Now in fairness to Cam, he had a few bad drops on completions that would be 20+ yards, but the Niners defense was successful, albeit ours was just better.

A win is a win, especially on the road against the defending NFC Champs.  It was a signature win.  But unfortunately, the defense is not going to be able to play every game with that level of domination.

I don't think the Patriots will be able to stop the run as well as the Niners, but the lack of a deep passing game does concern me not only for this game but for the rest of the year. 

If the Panthers offense can become more explosive in the passing game, I truly think this team can make a trip back to the Super Bowl.  This team is already good enough to make the playoffs, but a more consistent offense will truly make them one of the best teams in the league.

Well we haven't played a high powered passing attack like this one yet. I expect them to use quick 3 step drops to slowdown the pressure of our front 4. With reduced pressure I can easily see Brady picking us apart, especially with Bilicheat getting 2 weeks to prepare. We might actually need our offense to win this game for us. Good thing is that their run D is pretty laughable without big ol' wilfork. Thoughts?

It will be a LONG night if we can't get any pressure on Brady.  If we do, he will fold like a deck of cards, and we will win.

One fact people need to keep in mind while underestimating the Patriots defense is that before the Pittsburgh game they were only allowing 14 points a game.  Late in that game at about the 3rd quarterback they lost Rob Ninkovich, their top pass rusher, Alfonzo Dennard an excellent cornerback, Chris Jones the rookie TD with 5 sacks and starting safety Steve Gregory.  But they still managed to make the key stops, key sacks and key INTs to keep it to 31 while their offense went out to prove a point.   These guys healthy and under the direction of Bill Belichick are NO JOKE defensively and should not be taken lightly because while the offense was getting healthy, they were carrying the Patriots to a 5-0 record and of course Tom.  After the bye, Aqib Talib, Rob Ninkovich, Alfonzo Dennard, Steve Gregory and Chris Jones all return.  Its about Cam not letting these guys out smart him in big situations which they are the best in football at doing. 

Wow. I must been the only person to watch the Jets/Patriots game a few weeks ago.

I understand but that's just not the smart thing to do.  You cannot compare a Bill Belichick team that was unhealthy to a new one with a new game plan and new health with two weeks to prepare coming out of a bye. 

Their targets aren't scary beyond Gronk, keep that in mind. But if we don't get pressure, Brady can make those no-name guys look great like all the great QB of the past.

If Kenbrell Thompkins can torch Darelle Revis for two touchdowns, Aaron Dobson burn both Ike Taylor and Ryan Clark for a long bomb, and drop 2 long touchdowns against Antonio Cromartie on Monday Night, and Danny Amendola have a good game against Seattle's secondary in the past with Sam Bradford throwing him the ball then there is no reason to believe that they couldn't get open one on one with Captain Munnerlyn or Drayton Florence during single coverage or down the field.  Only a fool would think that, telling you now cannot single cover these guys... At the end of the day I don't care what record Tampa Bay, Pittsburgh or New York have.. Ike Taylor, Darrelle Revis and Antonio Cromartie are still one of the best at what they do and they were all beat by Patriot receivers BEFORE Tom developed Chemistry, now that he has... if 1 on 1 happens, it could get ugly.

Don't get me wrong great defense in Carolina definitely but the talent is more upfront and New England's offense is a great offense when healthy, when healthy no good but GREAT and they still have who in the minds of many is the GOAT and one of the GOAT Head Coaches that know how to prepare.. have to go into this game with a humble mind.. 

Archived