• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Dolphins Fans are Saying...

Zod

Since we are gonna rag on the defense, I'm gonna rag on Ted Ginn.  Despite having the game winning catch, the dude played like utter garbage.  He had at least 2 returns that he had no business leaving the endzone with, and left the offense at the 15 yard line or less.  He also had a huge drop that hit him wide-open and in the hands on a third down.

Seriously though, there are a lot of factors at work here with our defense in this game.  

1.) Didn't have CJ for most of the second half.  He's been the most productive, consistent and underrated player on this TEAM since the Jake Delhomme era.

2.) BB game planned the hell out of us.  BB has some absurd record after bye weeks (10-1 or something stupid) since being with the Patriots.  Patriots play calling was top notch all game long with the lone exception of the 3rd and 1 pass (which was probably called because nobody expected it, just like nobody expected them to run as often as they did while trailing us in points).

3.) Sure Brady moved the ball well and marched down the field, but we made him work for every pass.  I live in New York, I see a LOT of Patriots games.  You are just going to have to trust me on this, we pressured him MUCH better than teams typically do.  Tom is often seen drinking tea and eating crumpets in the pocket about midway through the 3rd quarter.

4.)  First time all season the Patriots had all of their offensive weapons healthy.  Those young receivers are getting their heads out of their ass, Vereen is like Kevin Faulk but much more athletic and Gronk... well yea he's a monster.  We are about to see the Patriots start to blow teams out left and right.

5.)  Ties back to point #3.  Didn't give up back breaking plays.  No bombs, no 70 yard catch and runs, no DPI on deep throws.  Yea, as Panther fans this year we expect these things to not happen, but Tom Brady and the Pats have been a powerhouse franchise for over a decade now.  A big part of their success is the deep ball.

Don't get me wrong, I wish our defense shut them out and sacked brady enough times to make his hairplugs fall out.  Could our defense had played better?  Hell yes.  Did we have a bad defensive showing?  I think we'll know that answer in a few weeks (I'm guessing no).

The people predicting a loss or trap game or whatever are the same people who predicted a loss the last two games.

Shut the fug up for christ's sake. We're winning. Deal with it.

NO!  This team hasn't lost in a month and a half,  I signed up as a Panthers fan to be continually let down because it fulfills my emotional needs.  I'm starting to feel glad... i HATE feeling glad.  If I wanted to back a winner I'd be a Dallas fan.

So you believe every word coaches say at press conferences for public consumption?

I believe rivera wasnt completly  happy with the defensive effort - when you let a team that isnt known as one which rams the ball down opponets throat ram it down yours, and youre supposed to be a team that is the best in run defense do it,  what coach would be?  And once CJ went down , our pressure from the front 4 was non existent.  It is unacceptable to let the loss of one player dictate  how successful a supposed top 2 plays.

This is most def a trap game for the Panthers. Please believe it. Emotional game on Monday. Short week. Going on the road to play a game that every person in the media will pick the Panthers to win. 2 HUGE games with the Saints around the corner. 

Panthers should win this game but I'd be very surprised to see another one of those 35-13 blowouts we've seen against some bad teams. Could see the Dolphins keeping it close until about halfway through the 4Q. Their OL is horrible and our DL is one of the best in the league. 

I look at trap games as those against a "supposed lesser team" that the better team is overlooking.  I don't see this as the case at all.

But, I do see this as a tough game becuase of how high the emotions have been for the past two games......not to mention comng off a short week.  I can see an emotional drain, but not our players overlooking anything.

• Pie 2

I lived there for 3 years and all I ever heard them say was 1972.  Pretty fuging pathetic.

That's all they have.

And the 72 dolphins are wildly over-rated.

Go check their schedule that year....they beat like 3 teams with a winnig record.  Most of their wins were against teams with 3-4 wins.

• Pie 1

The only reason Brady was held to 20 points was due to the Carolina O playing well keeping the NE O on the sideline. 

The D had nothing to do with keeping NE under 21 points. Only got off the field once on 3rd down the entire game. They punted ONCE all game and pretty much drove the entire field on every possession. 

Ron and the D would prob be the first to say they did not have a good showing. 

Hell, we let them drive the length of the field with 50 seconds remaining in the game knowing they had to pass the ball. 

Not a good night for our D. 

Good point. Sustained drives on offense are winning us some of these games such as NE . I thought our defense was rather average against the Pats. Our tackling was pretty bad.

Brady counters the pass rush with his dink and dunk passes and is one of the best in crafting comebacks.

As far as trap games I do not buy it.