• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NE@CAR - some impressive offensive #s

dos poptarts

Not to take anything away from the offense but I can't help but think a large part of their success was because the Patriot's failed to contain Newton. Those three runs allowed scoring drives to continue. Take one of those runs away and the Panther's lose. I only bring this up because you can bet the house everyone will be focused on containing Newton from here on out. 

Again, I'm not taking anything away from the offense. They took advantage of what was there which is exactly what good offenses do - just don't expect it to continue to be there especially when they play the Saints and Jets.

I only bring this up because you can bet the house everyone will be focused on containing Newton from here on out. 

Again, I'm not taking anything away from the offense. They took advantage of what was there which is exactly what good offenses do - just don't expect it to continue to be there especially when they play the Saints and Jets.

There's only one fallacy to your argument. Other teams have been saying this and doing this since Cam's first year.

The problem is this...you can't cover the tight end, the wide receivers, watch for RB's or Tolbert leaking out, rush the passer, and contain Newton all at the same time. Something is going to be left open. If we execute, more often than not, we move the ball well.

A true dual-threat QB is almost like having an extra player on offense. They all say they want to keep Cam in the pocket, and they could, but that doesn't always leave their overall defense in the best shape either.

Not to take anything away from the offense but I can't help but think a large part of their success was because the Patriot's failed to contain Newton. Those three runs allowed scoring drives to continue. Take one of those runs away and the Panther's lose. I only bring this up because you can bet the house everyone will be focused on containing Newton from here on out. 

You act like Cam's a rookie.  This wasn't the first time he's burned a defense with his legs...

The MO from the start of his time in the league when he was a rookie was, "Contain him so he can't use his legs."  Then he started passing for 400 yards and people realized that they had to respect his arm.

Archived