• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Talib Comments on Steve Smith's Trash Talk

Dilla

"Never personal, man," Talib said. "It’s never personal. I’m sure if I see Steve, it’d be, 'What’s up, how you doing?’ It’s never personal, man. Him and the other guy from St. Louis (cornerback Janoris Jenkins), that was personal. He didn’t say he was going to punch me in my face after the game. He just told me to go get in the tub."

http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/the_blitz/2013/11/aqib_talib_says_steve_smiths_trash_talk_was_kind_of_thoughtful

"Never personal, man," Talib said. "It’s never personal. I’m sure if I see Steve, it’d be, 'What’s up, how you doing?’ It’s never personal, man. Him and the other guy from St. Louis (cornerback Janoris Jenkins), that was personal. He didn’t say he was going to punch me in my face after the game. He just told me to go get in the tub."

Doesn't seem like a bad guy.  Surprised by his respectful comments.  I guess he ain't no Jenkins.  

That's a good attitude to have.  Keep the fire in the game.

inb4 "LOLOLOL HE STILL MAD.  HE SO BUTTHURT OMG #ICEUP"

Yup - he got abused on national TV and Talib (surprisingly) takes the high road and said the right thing. He was a punk when played for the Bucs and probably still is. I'm sure Belicheat gave Talib a little PR pep talk after the game.  

Archived