• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Can we clinch next week?

Awesomeness!!

Damn, beat me to it.

But the math checks out.  I'll try to cover all the bases here.  Correct me if I'm wrong.  Assuming that we were to win next week and then lose out, and all the above teams (ARI, SF, PHI, and DAL) lose, we would clinch BECAUSE:

We would end the season at 10-6.

PHI and DAL would both have 6 losses each, and still have to play each other.  Meaning 1 of them will have at least 7 losses while the other will take their division spot.  That eliminates them from contending with us for the wildcard.

We own the two-way tiebreaker with SF, but ARI owns it against us.  ARI would have 6 losses and SF 5.  They still have to play each other.  Assuming they win out their other games, if SF wins that matchup, they'd take seed #5 and we'd be Seed #6, by virtue of ARI's 7 losses.  If ARI wins that matchup, we'd be in a 3-way tie with ARI and SF all at 10-6.  The first tiebreaking procedure for 3 way ties is record amongst the 3 teams.  We'd be 1-1.  The Cardinals would be 2-1.  The 49ers would be 1-2.  Therefore, the Cardinals would be the #5 seed and we'd be the #6 seed.

So we CAN clinch next week.

The first tiebreaking procedure for 3 way ties is record amongst the 3 teams.  We'd be 1-1.  The Cardinals would be 2-1.  The 49ers would be 1-2.  Therefore, the Cardinals would be the #5 seed and we'd be the #6 seed.

Actually I think the first procedure is to eliminate all but one team in each division so ARI and SF would go through the two team tiebreaker process to eliminate 1. Then the remaining NFC west team would go through the same process against us.

Archived