• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A legacy game is coming Sunday Night

Im sorry but I disagree and frankly im getting upset that people keep moving the goal posts. A few weeks ago all we heard was "This game against the 9ers is huge, if we go into San Fran and beat the NFC champs coming off a bye, it will push us into elite status." Well we ended up beating them, then what happened? "This game against the Pats is by far the biggest game of Cam and Rivera's career, a win against Tom Brady in prime time will cement our elite status." Now people are saying we need to beat the Saints to show we are for real? I agree this game is very important, but we are past the point of wondering if we are contenders are not. We beat BOTH San Fran AND New England back to back, if we lose to the Saints, it doesnt mean we are not an elite team. It will simply just mean we are a elite team that lost a game. Poo happens.

This is the biggest game of Newton and Rivera's life. This truly is for all the marbles. 

This ain't for all the marbles.

Last 2 Super Bowl winners entered the Playoffs at 9-7 (Giants) and 10-6 (Ravens).

Winning Sunday and the Division would be sweet but by no means points us to a date in Seattle in January to fight for a ticket to the Super Bowl.

Let's just win Sunday Night and look towards the next game, or if we lose realize all is not lost and regroup and keep the goal in sight.

In other words, Keep Pounding.

Im sorry but I disagree and frankly im getting upset that people keep moving the goal posts. A few weeks ago all we heard was "This game against the 9ers is huge, if we go into San Fran and beat the NFC champs coming off a bye, it will push us into elite status." Well we ended up beating them, then what happened? "This game against the Pats is by far the biggest game of Cam and Rivera's career, a win against Tom Brady in prime time will cement our elite status." Now people are saying we need to beat the Saints to show we are for real? I agree this game is very important, but we are past the point of wondering if we are contenders are not. We beat BOTH San Fran AND New England back to back, if we lose to the Saints, it doesnt mean we are not an elite team. It will simply just mean we are a elite team that lost a game. Poo happens.

It means we are an elite team that is headed to dallas or philly or Detroit for a first round game. Not as easy as hosting with a bye.... which is what elite teams get to do. Totally changes everything. The path is easy if we're playing at home in the playoffs.

It means we are an elite team that is headed to dallas or philly or Detroit for a first round game. Not as easy as hosting with a bye.... which is what elite teams get to do. Totally changes everything. The path is easy if we're playing at home in the playoffs.

Sure, in a perfect world I want a bye and homefield but we are a very solid road team and frankly, im licking my chops at the thought of facing Romo and the Cowboys in the playoffs. Can there be a better matchup with us than the Cowboys?!

And this doozie from the Saints board.  "Sorry to burst everyone's bubble but Cam Newton is vastly overrated. He couldn't hold Wilson's jock. Has Newton ever had a game like this? He's the Panthers' weakest link and without Steve Smith he'd be Blaine Gabbert with legs."  LOL, they are so scared that they are trying to convince themselves that Cam is equal to Blaine Gabbert.  OK Saints fans.  whatever you say.  Your awakening is coming Sunday night, just how good Cam and the Carolina Panthers are.  Can't wait.  

The win against the Patriots did exactly that. "Elite teams" are a dime a dozen thought. Sunday night is bigger than that.

Sure, in a perfect world I want a bye and homefield but we are a very solid road team and frankly, im licking my chops at the thought of facing Romo and the Cowboys in the playoffs. Can there be a better matchup with us than the Cow

I whether have a bye and get our guys healthy and rested up to make a run to the SB then take own the Cowgirls in a wildcard game. But if we must do that. Remember we are 2-0 against them in the playoffs so far. They have never beat the Panthers in a playoff game. So it would be fun to go 3-0 against them. But whether want the bye more then any thing right now.

Archived