• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What are your phobias, hangups or quirks?

SteveSmithOwns

whenever I have to go take a crap at work, i go try and find an empty bathroom. If the first bathroom I go to has someone in it also taking a dump, I will keep moving on until i find one that is empty or go to the least populated one....

I guess that's kind of strange....I just like taking my crap's in peace

Taco Bell and the public library will get you over this.

I HATE being breathed on, my arms in particular.

If something happened to one of my teeth, I would contemplate suicide.

I really hate opening my garbage can lid.

Coughing and sneezing REALLY REALLY irritate me. I hate it when it's so loud it makes me jump. You can't tell me 90% of people over exaggerate their sneezes.

I get REALLY grossed out by cotton swabs that have been used on ears and lay around anywhere you can imagine...I am convinced it is a hobby of my wife to do so.

I hate people being behind me. I always have to sit with my back to the wall, or stand with my back to the wall in a crowded place.

Spiders, bees, snakes, etc don't really bother me. But if I see a cockroach, first I'm killing it and second, I'm running away.

eta: prostate exams. And not just because the doctor has to be behind me. And to make it worse, my doctor bleaches his hair, has limp wrists and has a lisp. You'd think he would be gentle, right? Not a bit.

Was reading about this in another message board and it's amazing how some strange things people could be afraid of/unwilling to do.

Mine has to be getting blood taken. I don't mind shots as long as it is not in the middle of my arm, but every time they have to take blood, I hate they choose the vein RIGHT WHERE I BEND MY ARM. 

What about you? Any strange fears, phobias or quirks you have?

I'm 28, and I've never had blood drawn.  If I didn't naturally have a fear of it, it sure as hell developed over time. 

My worst one is bloodwork of any kind as well. I literally will not give blood because I'm petrified of needles. Just the thought of a needle piercing my skin and sucking out my innards gives me nausea.

I become a little girl around bees, and I can't stand when people use incorrect grammar or misspell words when texting me.

Also, one of my roommates is one of those aforementioned mouth breathers who also happens to be extremely annoying. Whenever he's in his room and hears a noise in the kitchen, he gets his fat ass up and waddles to the common area just to see who it is and to proceed to ramble about nothing. Whenever I'm playing Xbox or something in the living room, he stands there over my shoulder waiting for me to acknowledge him. He gets on my fuggin nerves.

I can't stand to wear a coat or jacket when I'm in the car.  Once the car is warmed up I'll do anything to get it off. 

I hate the sound that wipers make when the windshield is dry. When I see someone with their wipers on high speed and its barely raining, I cringe. 

I hate people being behind me. I always have to sit with my back to the wall, or stand with my back to the wall in a crowded place.

Spiders, bees, snakes, etc don't really bother me. But if I see a cockroach, first I'm killing it and second, I'm running away.

eta: prostate exams. And not just because the doctor has to be behind me. And to make it worse, my doctor bleaches his hair, has limp wrists and has a lisp. You'd think he would be gentle, right? Not a bit.

This 1000x over.

Archived