• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

You guys notice how chippy the Saints were with our receivers last game?

Pox 08

They were throwing the pain at SS89 a lot....   one play I saw a clothesline.      

They were doing whatever they wanted to our receivers,  with no fear of a flag really. 

Do the Saints DBs have the balls to puff out their chest and throw cheap hits on our receivers all game,  at our house?

If so... 

How many fights are you guys expecting to break out?               I still remember Harper laying a cheap hit on SS89 a couple years ago,   then Harper ran off,  leaving Jenkins alone with Smith,  while our entire offense seemingly circled around Jenkins and proceeded to beat the hell out of him.                            With the message being "Not in our house".        

Unlike that game,  we've a defense now has the potential to step up and do something to control Brees and company,  to help us win the game.           I know they failed two weeks ago,  but I've faith in our guys., 

Seeing the refs allow the Saint DBs to get away with anything they wanted..  I couldn't help but think "I would love to see those pricks try that at BOA".

I would love to see them try to constantly cheap shot SS89,  by either holding him,   knocking him down every time Cam looked his way, or clotheslining him.  

I think they get the Rams treatment.   Remember how chippy our offense was that game,  in response to Rams trying to throw little cheap shots at our guys throughout the game?

We did the same thing.... Problem is it didn't work.

No poo it didn't work.  We had like 4 or 5 flags thrown on us for either PI or defensive holding.  

Not sure the Saints had any flags thrown on their defense.       Most of their penalties was on their offense...  for holding.

I'm not complaning about what had happened in N.O.           I fully believe and expect a lot of calls and non-calls to go our way at BOA.    Home teams seem to get the benefit of the doubt.   More times than not, anyway. 

My question is,  do the Saints come into BOA with that same gameplan?  Believing they can cheap shot our receivers all over the field,  and not have to pay for it?         I think they're going to have to come up with a new gameplan that requires them actually covering our guys,  and not just knocking them down and clotheslining them on every other play.               Otherwise,  there will be fights.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• Every year it looks like someone does a sales pitch to Tepper and that's what he goes with. It's also why it has been a horror show on the outcome side.  The hard thing about Bryce is he is likable so people not only like him but feel like they need to defend the good guy. If he was a jerk like Wilson was on the Jets then they could just have signed a QB off the heap to try and Baker into the playoff this year while being justified but not with Bryce. I can't believe people let McG scam them. I guess some people have money to burn and like to be sold regardless of reality. 
    • Fun game last night.  Defense on both sides really was good. 
    • alright im going to post seriously here for a second what you are seeing with bryce young is the confluence of some well understood cognitive phenomenon: mistaking what you want to happen for what is happening and working backwards from there (call this working backwards from a conclusion/cognitive dissonance, im sure im mixing up the terms a little here), and getting scammed and defending the scammer (call this the gregor macgregor affect i don't know there's probably a term somewhere, google is unusable.) People who care a lot about the Panthers want them to have a good player at the most important position in the game, and the Panthers gave up a ton to be in position to take one, and they took one, so that must be the good player. There is obviously an overload of available information any lay person can find that they can use to convince themselves that what they wanted was happening. to the lay person, it was aggressively obvious right away that it wasn't going to work out. it was clear halfway through the first quarter of the atlanta game he did not belong in the nfl. a bird's eye view of the season shows at best the second worst season ever. But people who really wanted something to be true cannot accept this, and instead pick apart details or blame things or wishcast into the future or move goalposts to defend it because they cannot accept that what they wanted and what they believed they had is actually....not there. People do this all the time. I've got a patient right now in late stage frontotemporal dementia and her POA just will not listen to me or hear what I'm saying because he was told I'm an amazing provider with inpatient neuro experience and when I look at him and say "you need to understand expectations" or "she has no quality of life" he just refuses to understand what I'm saying. The second is this weird trait we have where if we get scammed, some people will defend the scammer. if you get bored read up on gregor macgregor and the mosquito coast, but basically he was charging people to join an expedition to settle this absolutely poo stretch of land in south america. all these people either died or had to be rescued, but when they returned to their home towns they refused to believe they'd been scammed, blamed other things, or even blamed themselves. This guy was CLEARLY a scam artist but they could not accept they, smart rational people etc had been scammed. This is some weird vestigial evolutionary trait that helped a group of monkeys work together to take the watering hole and no of course there's no modern day political equivalent why you imply such a thing. Panthers' fans were scammed with Bryce Young. Tepper (david or nicole im not sure which) were scammed with him. Obviously it's more complex than one scottish dude drunkenly walking into a bar in Buenos Aires but it's a similar setup. And yes the stakes are lower than moving to the other side of south america but a scam is a scam is a scam. It is very difficult for people to admit that they, ostensibly smart, rational, logical people would believe and buy in to something so obviously rotten so the blame has to go somewhere else. Every problem with Bryce has an cause external to him, and all problems will be solved by /random thing that has happened the specifics don't really matter. Currently it's a guy who no other team interviewed for the HC position. if you read this and your first instinct is that i'm attacking you, you need to take a deep breath and reevaluate some things. this is an opportunity for personal growth and you should take it. surely some people will counter with "well it's just football it's not that serious and why does it hurt to be excited for something?" This is what's called a "though terminating cliche" and is just a cutesy little phrase meant to stop the conversation and help the person using it avoid defending their terrible ideas. and to the person saying "lol wow you typed all this up u mad," <puts poo posting hat back> don't judge what i do by your own limitations. I'm much higher functioning than you and this was neither time or energy consuming for me. This is a casual thought. I am learning not to hold people to the same standards I hold myself, so I don't blame you for reacting defensively out of a sense of wonder and inferiority.