• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

You guys notice how chippy the Saints were with our receivers last game?

Pox 08

They were throwing the pain at SS89 a lot....   one play I saw a clothesline.      

They were doing whatever they wanted to our receivers,  with no fear of a flag really. 

Do the Saints DBs have the balls to puff out their chest and throw cheap hits on our receivers all game,  at our house?

If so... 

How many fights are you guys expecting to break out?               I still remember Harper laying a cheap hit on SS89 a couple years ago,   then Harper ran off,  leaving Jenkins alone with Smith,  while our entire offense seemingly circled around Jenkins and proceeded to beat the hell out of him.                            With the message being "Not in our house".        

Unlike that game,  we've a defense now has the potential to step up and do something to control Brees and company,  to help us win the game.           I know they failed two weeks ago,  but I've faith in our guys., 

Seeing the refs allow the Saint DBs to get away with anything they wanted..  I couldn't help but think "I would love to see those pricks try that at BOA".

I would love to see them try to constantly cheap shot SS89,  by either holding him,   knocking him down every time Cam looked his way, or clotheslining him.  

I think they get the Rams treatment.   Remember how chippy our offense was that game,  in response to Rams trying to throw little cheap shots at our guys throughout the game?

We did the same thing.... Problem is it didn't work.

No poo it didn't work.  We had like 4 or 5 flags thrown on us for either PI or defensive holding.  

Not sure the Saints had any flags thrown on their defense.       Most of their penalties was on their offense...  for holding.

I'm not complaning about what had happened in N.O.           I fully believe and expect a lot of calls and non-calls to go our way at BOA.    Home teams seem to get the benefit of the doubt.   More times than not, anyway. 

My question is,  do the Saints come into BOA with that same gameplan?  Believing they can cheap shot our receivers all over the field,  and not have to pay for it?         I think they're going to have to come up with a new gameplan that requires them actually covering our guys,  and not just knocking them down and clotheslining them on every other play.               Otherwise,  there will be fights.

Archived