• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

it was easy to give up on Cam (this isn't a bash Cam haters thread)

TheRumGone

after the cardinals game a lot of questions were asked whether or not Cam was a franchise quarterback. and whether or not we should move on from Cam. this wasnt just from trolls but some other posters who knew a lot about this team and posted some arguments i agreed with.

so i sat back and pondered the question without any bias...i posted this in response to carolinarolls thread....

"I think we know what we have in Cam, ive seen flashes of brilliance and flashes of ineptitude. We need a coaching

staff that can get that jekyll and hyde straightened out. Because to me the odds we make the super bowl the quickest and easiest path is to believe in Cam and build on his strenghths and try to minimize or hide his weaknesses. It is a whole organizational and team effort. Cam can be superman if this organization believes and wants him to be."

what i'm trying to say is (and i know we still have the falcons game left) but after the 1-3 start and especially after the Cardinals game, it took a lot of guts to still believe in Cam. Whether it be from people on this forum or in your daily life. His overall record was abysmal. At times it seemed like he could never "finish" the game (even though a lot of people had stats and analysis proving otherwise), but the wins just were not happening. He is the face of the franchise and shouldered the blame. A talent like Cam who could take your breath away with 72 yard td scampers or that incredible TD run against the Bucs his rookie year or his Superman dives. or those incredible throws that only the top 5 QBs in the league could make to smitty and Lafell.

Being a Red Sox fan since i was a kid, i quickly learned what keeping the faith really meant. Keeping that faith in Cam and this team makes wins like this even better. Most of us were dead wrong about Rivera, or maybe not. Maybe Rivera was dead wrong about himself and had the self-awareness to change. A great trait in any coach or man. But i guess i just wanted to give a pat on the back to those who kept the faith through all the hard times and for always sticking up for Cam and showing why we had the QB of the present and future through providing stats and analysis or just the diehard fans of him. Congrats guys and gals, it is finally showing in wins.

******And on a side note i'd really like to hear from carolinarolls, MHS, or others  about their opinion because they were the most vocal about Cam's lack of winning ability. It is not meant to bash but it would be nice to hear from them. Haven't seen them post in a while.

after the cardinals game a lot of questions were asked whether or not Cam was a franchise quarterback. and whether or not we should move on from Cam. this wasnt just from trolls but some other posters who knew a lot about this team and posted some arguments i agreed with.

so i sat back and pondered the question without any bias...i posted this in response to carolinarolls thread....

"I think we know what we have in Cam, ive seen flashes of brilliance and flashes of ineptitude. We need a coaching

staff that can get that jekyll and hyde straightened out. Because to me the odds we make the super bowl the quickest and easiest path is to believe in Cam and build on his strenghths and try to minimize or hide his weaknesses. It is a whole organizational and team effort. Cam can be superman if this organization believes and wants him to be."

what i'm trying to say is (and i know we still have the falcons game left) but after the 1-3 start and especially after the Cardinals game, it took a lot of guts to still believe in Cam. Whether it be from people on this forum or in your daily life. His overall record was abysmal. At times it seemed like he could never "finish" the game (even though a lot of people had stats and analysis proving otherwise), but the wins just were not happening. He is the face of the franchise and shouldered the blame. A talent like Cam who could take your breath away with 72 yard td scampers or that incredible TD run against the Bucs his rookie year or his Superman dives. or those incredible throws that only the top 5 QBs in the league could make to smitty and Lafell.

Being a Red Sox fan since i was a kid, i quickly learned what keeping the faith really meant. Keeping that faith in Cam and this team makes wins like this even better. Most of us were dead wrong about Rivera, or maybe not. Maybe Rivera was dead wrong about himself and had the self-awareness to change. A great trait in any coach or man. But i guess i just wanted to give a pat on the back to those who kept the faith through all the hard times and for always sticking up for Cam and showing why we had the QB of the present and future through providing stats and analysis or just the diehard fans of him. Congrats guys and gals, it is finally showing in wins.

******And on a side note i'd really like to hear from carolinarolls, MHS, or others  about their opinion because they were the most vocal about Cam's lack of winning ability. It is not meant to bash but it would be nice to hear from them. Haven't seen them post in a while.

All those goons are going to stay quiet, bad news bear types. poo hits the fan, they are all over the place but once things go well they scatter lock cockroaches to sunlight

We should be worried more about Cam signing up for another team than whether he's a franchise QB. I guarantee you there are a lot of other teams who think he is. What a fanbase this is.

i'm glad the fanbase doesn't determine whether the organization thinks cam is a franchise qb

All those goons are going to stay quiet, bad news bear types. poo hits the fan, they are all over the place but once things go well they scatter lock cockroaches to sunlight

some of them were not goons.

there were legitimate complaints.

It was never easy to give up on cam for me. You look at brees, eli, etc and they weren't lights out elite in their first three years either. You add a bad o-line, receivers that can go between mediocre and great and an offensive coordinator that can also be between great and mediocre then cam has no reason to be given up on. Cam has had two of the greatest starting seasons in nfl history at the qb position. I am tired of people who give up on cam while all these other qbs get passes.

I think if you give Newton a good OL and at least one legit #1 WR......he would be near unstoppable.

Bottom line is he is playing behind a weak OL, despite us being loyal to the run game it doesn't aid him much, and his WRs too often don't get open. We improve the O talent and he improves.

Also people expect too much to soon from him.....he is already ahead if where tons of now elite QBs were 3 years in.

Everyone was so quick to judge Cam on wins and losses. You had to watch the games to see it wasn't Cam's fault.

So many games could have been out on the defense or special teams but yet Cam always shouldered the blame. This is Cam's 3rd year in the NFL and is STILL very young. Cam ran a poo ton of read option in college, this is Cam's third year having to make throws and reads and not just depend on trucking people over on the way to the endzone.

So many of you expected a Super Bowl the day we drafted him, and anything else was a disappointment. This kid is only getting better each year, I've never once doubted this kids talents. Even that Arizona game, Shula put Cam in a difficult spot to succeed. I agree that it takes a whole organization but I can honestly sit here and say Cam has never been the problem. Cam has matured just as you would want any franchise QB too.

Wouldn't trade Cam for anyone.

Signed Cam nuthugger.

God I hate the Red Sux

Never stopped believing in Cam. I always looked at it on a game by game basis. Always knew he was and he'd be our franchise qb. Always knew he was capable of being a super bowl winning qb. I believe he is ahead of schedule. Today was not a great day for Cam but he found a way to be the difference when it mattered most. Proud of Cam Newtons growth.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

It was never easy to give up on cam for me. You look at brees, eli, etc and they weren't lights out elite in their first three years either. You add a bad o-line, receivers that can go between mediocre and great and an offensive coordinator that can also be between great and mediocre then cam has no reason to be given up on. I am tired of people who give up on cam while all these other qbs get passes.

a lot of them don't

they were all given poo when they sucked in there first couple of years. 

and a lot of them had to deal with shitty o-lines and mediocre receivers.

my point was those who saw past that and saw this insanely raw athlete who has a rocket for an arm turn into what he has become today. it was believing in Cam as a person more than it was believing in him as a QB.

his ceiling hasn't been reached yet and that is scary. but that has more to do with him as a person then him as an athlete.

Archived