• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFT says Redskins should interview Shula

PntherPryd

You are correct. Not that it makes Shula head coach material but our offense doesn't suck, it lacks talent to be explosive.

It has the exact same talent it had when it was the most explosive offense in the league 2 years ago.

It has the exact same talent it had when it was the most explosive offense in the league 2 years ago.

1) Yeah, but Steve Smith is not the same anymore. Those two years make a difference at his age and size. 

2) Shockey has never been replaced. 

3) Lafell, has regressed in many respects. Yes, he's gotten more reliable. Sure. However, the great catches we expect him to make in Smitty's decline, he normally doesn't. Think about all the great, long balls Cam's thrown him the past few years that he's shockingly dropped??

4) The Offensive line has regressed as well (line can't hold deep routes long enough). The entire right side is a reclamation project. 

5) Running backs, aren't as productive as two years ago as well (okay, you maybe can blame that on scheme).However, Stewart's appears to be hurt more frequently the past two, and especially this year.  And that line again, can't run block well.

6) Cam and receivers (for what ever reason) can't seem to connect with the long ball, and the receivers have few long gains. See Steve Smith and Brandon Lafell. Ted Ginn is a great speed guy, that has helped the Panthers. But Ginn, is still limited in what he can do for the Panthers, and has dropped some deep bombs himself. 

So that should answer your question?

Back when the read option was an unknown, we had a seive of a defense and a QB everybody thought couldn't throw? We committed more turnovers and had a worse TOP and 3rd down conversion too. Fewer passing TDs as well.

Back when the read option was an unknown, we had a seive of a defense and a QB everybody thought couldn't throw? We committed more turnovers and had a worse TOP and 3rd down conversion too. Fewer passing TDs as well.

shhhh, it's a lot easier for some to hate the guy, want him out and have no clue who to replace him with

Yeah they had no clue he could throw after his 800 yards in his first 2 games.

I look forward to your patented "Everyone here are idiots who don't know how to call offense" again after Tolbert gets 1 or 0 touches and we go 0/10 on 3rd downs again.

aren't we one of the better offense in terms of 3rd down, redzone, pts per drive etc?

just playing devil's advocate.  We don't have big numbers but overall this year we have been pretty consistant.  O just doesn't have the possessions to have big stats.

Don't enlighten those who don't want to walk in the light. I sometimes honestly wonder if some on here really understand the game of Football or if they simply just repeat whatever they read or hear. To believe an offense is only as good as the amount of #s they put up is simply ridiculous. If you noticed, those in the media are more than happy to continually feed the cynicism of the Panthers fan,

Don't enlighten those who don't want to walk in the light. I sometimes honestly wonder if some on here really understand the game of Football or if they simply just repeat whatever they read or hear. To believe an offense is only as good as the amount of #s they put up is simply ridiculous. If you noticed, those in the media are more than happy to continually feed the cynicism of the Panthers fan,

Yeah, I especially love when they say, "I wonder Can The Panthers score"; then they go pick Frisco or Seattle (who the Panthers are ahead in DVOA, Points Per Possession offense) right after. Lol. 

Now, don't get me wrong. I do see some things that can be improved on by Shula (especially lately). However, if they get back to that quick strike, short route offense that was successful earlier this year (or maybe a no huddle like the 2 min offense Cam runs so well), I'd have little complaints, till the next mistake of course. Lol

So, Cam's talent and supposed "maturity" is all due to Shula. Hmmmm....

Didn't they say the same thing with Chud last season? He ran off to take the first job that was offered to him only to now have the Browns compare his time with them to a marriage that seemed perfect at first but soured before the honeymoon was over.

Also love how these sports media guys who refuse to say a negative thing about QBs like RG III, Matthew, and Luck, will find ways of hiding the truth about those QBs"  mental and emotional maturity behind the created falsehoods of Cam the QB.

And, at last check, just this week those on NFLN were joking that anyone who gets the Skins' coaching job must also be a Psychologist to help out RG III emotionally. I wonder if Shula was able to master the ability to handle a DIVA while working with Cam? Especially since he's labeled as a "me first person."

So, Cam's talent and supposed "maturity" is all due to Shula. Hmmmm....

Didn't they say the same thing with Chud last season? He ran off to take the first job that was offered to him only to now have the Browns compare his time with them to a marriage that seemed perfect at first but soured before the honeymoon was over.

Also love how these sports media guys who refuse to say a negative thing about QBs like RG III, Matthew, and Luck, will find ways of hiding the truth about those QBs"  mental and emotional maturity behind the created falsehoods of Cam the QB.

And, at last check, just this week those on NFLN were joking that anyone who gets the Skins' coaching job must also be a Psychologist to help out RG III emotionally. I wonder if Shula was able to master the ability to handle a DIVA while working with Cam? Especially since he's labeled as a "me first person."

Contrary to public perception of some, Shula never had to deal with the soap opera that is the Washington Redskins, starring Robert Griffin "The Nerve"! 

Unless, Shula really wants/needs the job: I would just keep my butt right there in Carolina. Trust me, there's more drama to unfold from that rag tag bunch from the Nations Capitol in the future. 

Archived