• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton: Rising Star (from SI)

Darth Biscuit

Ur right peter king cam didnt have a defense his first 2 years

Exactly. The narrative is so fugging ignorant. Defense and poor coaching causes us to go 2-14 in close games.

Now that the defense is spectacular all of a sudden it's because Cam is doing something different. Well yeah a-holes before the defense couldn't stop a damn thing so we had to throw for 400 yards just to keep it close.

Peter King giving Cam QB advice is like Cam giving Peter King advice on how to be tall and black.

I'm pretty sure you just implied that Peter King is a much better QB then Cam is.

But we all understand the point. Fug PK

I'm pretty sure you just implied that Peter King is a much better QB then Cam is.

But we all understand the point. Fug PK

Yeah .. I meant to say something different but got sidetracked......meh Fug PK... Should have just wrote that.

I am not sure what the hate is about here.  Sure I know all about Peter King getting shunned by Cam in training camp and the issues since then but honestly his comments on this video were right on.  Newton isn't the same guy he was the last 2 years.  He often tried to throw into double or triple coverage in the past.  He tried to do it all.  Now he does take what is offered by the defense, he throws first and second and runs when he needs to.  He is more risk aversive partly because he has a defense that can keep the team in the game if the offense is struggling. That is why the wins are up but his stats from a quantity point of view are down in some categories.  He is playing smarter and staying within his role.

It reminds of Michael Jordan.  He was a great player but his team didn't win championships until he realized that the goal was not for him to do it all but make the others around him better so they could win together.  That is what Newton is doing this year.  Instead of running for example he dumps off the ball and lets the receiver or back get the yards. He will take a sack and punt instead of trying to do too much and throw a pick.

I am not a Peter King fan by any means but fair is fair here.

The only thing that annoys me is the insinuation that Cam will "revert" to trying to do it all himself when the playoffs roll around rather than taking what the defense gives him, as if the big lights will make him forget everything he's worked so hard to do this year. Screw that, if anything I hope Cam comes to ball out (within reason) because he's been a little too risk-averse at times with his downfield ball placement and that's led to overthrows in trying to keep the ball away from the DBs.

Archived