• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Can Jimmy Clausen read a defense?

Awesomeness!!

Is it possible that some of his bad play was due to a lack of understanding?

Possible I guess. But I'm not saying he is without faults. (He is only human) White QBs like Gabbart or Clausen that wash out quickly never have their intellect questioned though, even if that's the obvious reason being their sucking. See, The Golden Calf of Bristol.

If Johnny Football has more than one year of success in this league I'd be shocked. You cant run around throwing the ball up in the NFL. He's not even RG3 big and he hasn't played a full season yet.

Manziel is the kind of quarterback that looks great in college but fails in the pros.

Whoever drafts him is buying fool's gold.

(plus he's a prick)

Op is off base.

Jimmy always had three reads and an option: 1) his primary receiver, 2) out of bounds on the Carolina sideline, 3) out of bounds on the opposing team sideline, and his final option, fall down and curl up in the fetal position.

You left off number four, the raised hand of a defensive lineman. He went to that one a lot (I think that was his hot read).

Clausen had plenty of experience in a pro style offense but couldn't process information quickly enough at the pro level to be effective.  That, plus the flat, low trajectory passes he had a tendency to throw made him easy to defend.

I remember in the first camp under the new staff, Shula had him throwing over a high bar to get his trajectory up.  It was a good idea but whether it made any actual difference will likely never be known.

Have said all along he needs to be in a WCO to have any chance, but even there I'm not sure he's a pro QB.

Manziel is the kind of quarterback that looks great in college but fails in the pros.

Whoever drafts him is buying fool's gold.

(plus he's a prick)

you know how colleges fudge stats for players to help draft statuses, I'm curious about his height, dude looks like he may be 5'8 maybe 5'9, I'm very interested what his actual height is because he's not 6'1 like they have him listed.

you know how colleges fudge stats for players to help draft statuses, I'm curious about his height, dude looks like he may be 5'8 maybe 5'9, I'm very interested what his actual height is because he's not 6'1 like they have him listed.

Combine will tell.

They had a quarterback some years back try to pass himself off as taller than he was.  Combine officials showed otherwise and he wound up getting embarrassed.

Don't worry, in the upcoming weeks you will soon hear the same about Bridgewater.

Next year it will be Winston and Hundley who "a times struggles to decipher complex defenses"  and "need to prove they can command a huddle" and "not rely too much on athletic abilities" and "prove they are gym rats."

lol I heard on ESPN Manizel was the "the hardest working QB in college football this season" and "have no doubts he is worthy of the number one overall pick." And no it was not Bayless who said this.

The one major knock I heard on Manizel has been(beside size) is will he study? ,will he act like a pro?

Archived