• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2014 Oscar noms

Dpantherman

Finally finished 'Wolf'. Leo and Jonah Hill really acted their asses off.  Enjoyed seeing Rob Reiner as well. Boy was this raunchy, but I feel like it accomplished what it set out to.  We're supposed to find those guys deplorable scumbags, and I really hated both of them halfway into it. 

I watched "The Butler" the other night and it was only okay, at best. I'll admit to my personal prejudices because I think Oprah Winfrey is a very rich racist and I don't think she's a very god actress.

Aside from that, the movie sets the tone very early in establishing the white man as evil, wicked, inhumane and essentially portrays every white person in the movie as such aside from the JFK character. 

• 1 month later...

Obviously watched it all (until True Detective came on at 9). I saw 9 out of the 10 films (didn't see Philomena, but I will).

I LOVED Her and I'm so glad Spike Jonze got original screenplay. Has to be one of the best written films I've ever seen.

But yea zero surprises. Cate Blanchett, Matthew, lupita and Leto all won. And should have.

A lot of folks mentioning ulterior motives for 12 Years a Slave winning best picture, some warranted and some just dumb, but I really do think it deserved it. I can honestly say I'll probably never watch it again though. It was very hard for me watch.

Obviously watched it all (until True Detective came on at 9). I saw 9 out of the 10 films (didn't see Philomena, but I will).

I LOVED Her and I'm so glad Spike Jonze got original screenplay. Has to be one of the best written films I've ever seen.

But yea zero surprises. Cate Blanchett, Matthew, lupita and Leto all won. And should have.

A lot of folks mentioning ulterior motives for 12 Years a Slave winning best picture, some warranted and some just dumb, but I really do think it deserved it. I can honestly say I'll probably never watch it again though. It was very hard for me watch.

Yeah, this was most competitive I've seen it for best picture.

Archived