• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

O-line has to be the priority.

Awesomeness!!

O-line doesn't need a upgrade. We need another RT. If the team can resign Gross and Wharton and with the return of Amini, only a good RT is in the way of being one of the best o-lines in the NFL. Getting WR's in the draft and free agency should be a priority. If one of the good LT's falls in the draft, he could play RT until Gross retires.

Sure. With our 2nd pick. Wr in the 1st.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

We are going to take BPA.  So no one should assume we HAVE to take a WR in the 1st and an OL in the 2nd or vice versa.  Everyone thought we HAD to get secondary help last year in the draft and we ended up being fine. No one should expect to find the long term solution for every weakness in one off season.

^This is a main reason we (Hurney, etc.) havent built a team that has had sustained success.  Keep building for the future, and dont put all your eggs in one basket each year.

With the 29 th pick in the 09(I believe) draft gettlemen drafted hakeem nicks do get ready for it. The giants never took first round o linemen while he was there.

Also it's rumoured at senior bowl that gettlemen priority this offseason is weapons for Cam.

I seriously can't see how y'all want to improve a top ten rushing attack instead of giving a bottom 5 passing attack.

I thank god everyday y'all aren't in our front office. I'm sure the browns have positions for y'all

I agree that O line is a priority - it has been since the day we drafted Cam - but I think WR is #1. DeAngelo still did some work with his touches this year. By no means am I arguing that we have an admirable ground game, but run blocking is not the priority. From an O line standpoint, protecting Cam is the damn priority. Just for poos and giggles, here's the list of running backs that ran the ball at least 8 times per game and compiled at least 100 attempts during the season, sorted by average yards per carry. DeAngelo ranked 17th out of 38.

Yardspercarry_zps9d211b81.png

You can't just subtract cam from our rushing attack. That doesn't make sense. That's who Cam is

I think we need a WR too if but to finally address the position.  However saying we rank high in rushing is not accurate in the sense that Cam skews the numbers.  He also hides how bad our O line is both in the terms of him breaking tackles and the fact that teams are more disciplined pass rushing because he can escape.

Looking at the second half of the SF game and seeing how as Steve went our passing game died.   I think we need to finally address the WR issue.  Give Cam some weapons and then work on the Oline.   Hopefully we can do it all in 1 draft.

Put this in the Draft Forum.

Talked to Mike Craft at the Senior Bowl and he told me, of his own accord, that he spoke to Gettleman and Gettleman said the priority was getting Cam some weapons this offseason

Oh noez Gettlemagic plays teh madden =[[[[[[[

I dont think Nicks is our answer to our WR woes at all. I hope people don't think so or think he's going to come in and completely solve every thing. Way too many ? surrounding him

I also like to say as I said before if you look at other teams and compare to us, we're operating in the wrong way. Other teams has 1 1,000 yard back and/or 1 1,000 yard receiver. We have neither. Too many RB's all because of the success of 2 seasons, 2 seasons 5 years ago. If we could get rid of both D.Will and Stew, they should.

Talked to Mike Craft at the Senior Bowl and he told me, of his own accord, that he spoke to Gettleman and Gettleman said the priority was getting Cam some weapons this offseason

I would think that weapons also might be interpreted at O line as well as WRs and perhaps running backs and TEs.  

I am still hoping for an OL and WR in the first two rounds.  Not sure about the order....that would depend on who is there when we pick.

DB shoudl be addressed in FA.

Archived