• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I hope DG is learning from Loomis.

unicar15

I hope Loomis is learning from DG.

Hardy's contract situation is exactly why we should consider trying to get one of the top 2 DEs in this draft. I think there could be a possibility there if we end up trading Graham for a 1st round pick. Even without it though...I'd say that if Kony Ealy or Murphy is there at 27 they'd be BPA and I'd have no problem taking either. Cheap, effective, pass rushers for Rob which is exactly what he needs.

If we are going to get a tight end I think there will be lots of guys who are good with a 1 or 2 year contract at this point.  We should be able to pick up a good guy for not that much. There are guys like Pettigrew, Finley or Myers who have something to prove and are not going to get big money at this point.  Chandler, Keller and Davis could also play in our TE friendly system. Honestly it won't cost a ton of money and we can shore this position up and take a flier on a kid in the later rounds of the draft so we build for the present and for the long term as well.

Of the Top 10 TE's in yardage this year, only 2 were drafted in the 1st round (Gonzales and Olsen). 1 was drafted in the 2nd round. The remaining 7 were drafted 3rd round or later.

Could that not be said of a lot of positions? Mercedes Lewis was a #28 pick and has been a pro bowler.

I have been on this train for awhile! The boom/bust at #28 for TE vs any other position has me thinking TE all the way. Ebron/Amaro/ASJ for me, and a good argument could be made for ASJ above any since he's the best run blocker to boot! 6'6, 276, coordinated, basketball player, etc=unreal! And, again, NE, Seattle, the falcons or bucs will be like vultures if we don't! A premier TE would be great value at #28!

The only thing DG should learn from Loomis is what not to do.

Exactly.

Outside of getting lucky by signing Brees (only got him because the idiot Dolphins made the wrong choice), the Saints organization has been terrible.

Brees wanted to go to Miami....only went to NO because Miami passed on him.

Throw in the radio spying and Bountygate, and the Saints are NOT an organization you want to emulate.

Archived