• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Got some bad news today

scpanther22

Keep the spirits up.

They might say 3-5 but you never really know.

My Mom had cancer and they gave her 6 months.  I moved close to her so the kids could be near their G-ma and she lasted 6 years after.

Medicine doesn't know everything and like Anybodyhome said, it can be put into remission.

Prayers on their way...

My Aunts new husband just retired, and found out he had prostate cancer right after they got married. He thought it was all over.

A year later and he's clean, traveling and enjoying life.

Keep a positive attitude even when he does not. There will be setbacks, bad days, depressing things like colostomy bags, but in the end hopefully he will tilt the odds.

Good luck!

My FIL had prostate cancer they ended up removing his entire prostate.  So far so good.  Like he says, "I may not be able to fug anymore, but i'm alive".

He did have the slow spreading kind.  Hopefully there's something they can do for him.  My GFIL also had it and they gave him 3-5 years to live.  He lived for 9 more before he died from complications of a fall and emphysema.  Doesn't have to be a death sentence. Hang in there.

I feel for you man. My dad was diagnosed last march with lymphoma. It's such a bitch for everyone. As a son, you feel fugin useless. We have such a barbaric way of trying to heal someone, but currently its the best we've got. Like others have said, plenty of success stories. My prayers are to your family.

Archived