• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What I Think Will Happen

NJPanthers12

ok, here's mine:

on offense

we re-sign gross and add maybe one OG in FA. the focus on the OL is going to be on beefing up RT and maybe finding gross's eventual replacement. i think it will be hard to pick up the right OT in round one because i think it's very likely that the guys who could step in day one and play will be gone before #28. if that doesn't happen i could see us getting huge guys later. i would love for someone like morgan moses to fall to us mid round. i see us also maybe picking up one of the better RT FAs and quite a few FAs brought in to compete for the job. ideally, tho, we'll have the OL set in OTAs so that training camp can be the starters gelling rather than spending those couple weeks as try outs. we should know heading into TC who our starters are.

re-sign hartsock, but replace brockel with someone in the draft who is a good pass catcher and good blocker...probably more heavily towards being a good blocker. probably someone like cj fiedorowicz who could very well be around in the third round.

i see us heading into next season with smitty, ginn, hixon, and probably nicks. i also see us drafting at least one WR and maybe another receiving option....and that means another WR, TE, or even an RB who can provide a solid target out of the backfield.

speaking of RBs, i don't see us cutting loose both stewart and williams, but i don't see both guys staying around either. if i had to choose which, it would be williams just because he can stay healthier. i don't see stewart's contract as being one we can get out of, tho, so he's probably the one that stays.

@ QB, we keep the two guys we have. DA gets another one year deal and cam gets an extension.

on defense

we find a way to re-sign hardy without crippling the team. i think, though, that we may get cam's deal done before hardy because that is a bigger priority long term.

aside from hardy, we may see dwan replaced with some FA or late round draft pick, but for the most part i see us going with the same front seven we had last year.

among the prominent players in the secondary, i think that mikell and florence get replaced and godfrey gets cut. the rest of the secondary pretty much stays pretty much the same except for gettleman bringing in a few FAs and maybe a draft pick or two to compete for mikell and florence's jobs and fill out depth.

special teams remains the same.

I think our track record is real when comes to back to back winning season s... I hope for the best but wouldn't be surprised if we fall off the map

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

What a great attitude.

I will be very surprised and pissed off if we fall of the map.

I agree with all except Dwill. I would keep him and try hard to find a team to trade Stewart to. Love Stew, however is inability to stay healthy and on the field since we drafted him has left a bad taste in my mouth. Cant see paying him all this money to keep sitting on a bike peddling.

he's had two very good years.

he doesn't allow big plays of over 20 yards to happen. he doesn't allow TDs.

he does make big plays happen, tho, and there isn't a DB in the league right that is better at getting pick 6s (and when you do it two times a year, you realize that isn't a fluke).

he's a very solid corner. people hate on him because he's short, but the guy can flat out ball. we can/should build up around him, but letting him get away would be a mistake. he's just too valuable because of everything he does and his postives far outweigh any negatives that might exist.

You obviously didn't watch the dolphins game where he was burned by Wallace and Tannehill for 50 plus yards SMH. Munnerlyn has proven he's just as easily beaten deep as Josh Thomas is, just not so much on a consistant basis, there are better corners outthere looking for as good if not the same money as captain is.

I'm sorry everyone that was a typo. I meant June 1 cut not July 1. Deangleo would save more than Stewart. Also I think there is like a 2 percent chance Hardy is not here next year. Gettleman doesn't like to show his hand so disregard everything that he says to the media. He likes to play hardball he is old school. He knows how the giants won 2 Super Bowls, through defensive line play. Hardy will be here.

You obviously didn't watch the dolphins game where he was burned by Wallace and Tannehill for 50 plus yards SMH. Munnerlyn has proven he's just as easily beaten deep as Josh Thomas is, just not so much on a consistant basis, there are better corners outthere looking for as good if not the same money as captain is.

That's one game vs one of the fastest WRs in the league. Everyone gets beat every now and then. I saw revis and Sherman get beat for big plays this year.

Captain was not beaten deep consistently.

every corner has those moments. you act as if it's commonplace.

it's not. not even close.

This offseason is a critical offseason for us. We can either build on our momentum or continue to be an inconsistent franchise. After taking a few weeks to get over the loss to the Ninersi started to think about this offseason. This is what I expect or at least think will happen.

The Panthers start off by franchising Hardy and eventually signing him after they lock up Cam.

I think Cam gets a contract that will make him our franchise QB for the majority of his career.

I believe Jordan Gross signs a 2 year deal that is team friendly.

I expect the Panthers to work out deals with Mike Mitchell, Captain Munnerlyn, and Ted Ginn.

I expect the Panthers to cut loose Charles Godfrey and Dwan Edwards, as well as take a long look at Chase Blackburn.

I truly believe Hakeem Nicks takes a team friendly prove it short term contract with his hometown team.

Finally I expect and really believe DeAngelo Williams will be a July 1 cut

Agree with just about all of this except DeAngelo, he won't be a June 1st cut under his current contract because it wouldn't save us very much so we'd be better off with him on the roster. A June 1st cut according to the cap calculator everyone is playing with would still leave us with a 4 mil cap hit for him this year and a 6.6 mil cap hit for him next year. 

I'm sorry everyone that was a typo. I meant June 1 cut not July 1. Deangleo would save more than Stewart. Also I think there is like a 2 percent chance Hardy is not here next year. Gettleman doesn't like to show his hand so disregard everything that he says to the media. He likes to play hardball he is old school. He knows how the giants won 2 Super Bowls, through defensive line play. Hardy will be here.

Yup, Gettleman isn't gonna to bid against himself like Hurney did... step 1 in any negotiation is letting the other party know you are willing to walk away if the price isn't right. 

That's one game vs one of the fastest WRs in the league. Everyone gets beat every now and then. I saw revis and Sherman get beat for big plays this year.

Captain was not beaten deep consistently.[/quote

How about at the dome where brees picked munnerlyn apart, he's a weak link only reason he's here or needed is bcos the rest of the secondary is so horrible, he's best of bad bunch, he's not a corner just an ok nickel

Archived