• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panther's Cap at $19-$21M not $29M

PantherFeez

22% is still a large sum. What other team devotes that much Cap to two players?

Agreed but with time we will right size CJs contract or let him walk and draft another stud. My personal opinion with the price of DEs I would drafting one under the rookie contract about every other year and let one walk or better yet trade them.

Agreed but with time we will right size CJs contract or let him walk and draft another stud. My personal opinion with the price of DEs I would drafting one under the rookie contract about every other year and let one walk or better yet trade them.

I think the time is the factor. This year we face a much easier schedule and unless DG just drafts like a mad man we will not be successful.

No one knew Gross was going to retire till he did. Also that still does not fix even our defence. I could understand hardy if we had better CBs and S but we don't. We have a bunch of jags.

We barely got Gross to return last year, whether we wanted to admit it or not, we all knew the likelihood of him retiring was very high.

We barely got Gross to return last year, whether we wanted to admit it or not, we all knew the likelihood of him retiring was very high.

Gross restructured last year and there was no talk about retirement. He wanted to leave on a good note and he did so why are we talking about Gross? What we need to discuss is your original statement about Hardy, or are you just going to give that one up?

Gross restructured last year and there was no talk about retirement. He wanted to leave on a good note and he did so why are we talking about Gross? What we need to discuss is your original statement about Hardy, or are you just going to give that one up?

About letting Hardy walk? I gave my opinion on it, what's the problem? I disagreed that letting him walk would "improve the team". Honestly before the news of the salary cap increase, I thought for sure that we would lose him for basically nothing. That changed everything ultimately.

I'm glad he's staying, we need him. People panic too much about the salary cap, we will make room, and we will get talent in here.

Right now we can roughly 7 million in cap space.  They posted Hardy's number at slightly over 13 million.  So who is next to be cut, restructured or what.  We still have guys to sign unless we are going to let everyone test free agency.  I would hope that Mitchell and GInn are 2 that we lock up before free agency hits on the 8th.

Archived