• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panther's Cap at $19-$21M not $29M

PantherFeez

@Jason_OTC I have the Panthers in the $19M range for cap room as well. I don't know where $29M came from.

@ColinWFNZ @Jason_OTC $117.27M in '14 cap obligations with $6.01M in carry over from '13 doesn't add up to $29M in cap space for Carolina.

Saw the #Panthers updated cap figures yesterday. They are about $21 million under the projected $132 million cap.

I had the Panthers with more space in past tweets/updates. Shoot the messenger.

Goes to show the Overthecap.com and Spotrac.com numbers have been closer than people give them credit

"Carolina arguably has the worst salary cap outlook of any team in the NFL moving forward. The team has around $102 million committed to the 2015 salary cap with just 29 players under contract."

via http://overthecap.com/panthers-restructure-three-contracts-gain-cap-space/

Scary outlook. 29 includes Smitty and Godfrey though and also doesn't include14 players that we'll get in the 14 and 15 draft (plus any other UDFA's that are kept); also doesn't include the needed money to sign them either. Here's hoping the cap climbs to 140 next year and that we hit really well in the draft.

Archived