• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is the Gettie trying to do too much too quickly?

charlottenian

Was referring more towards Smitty. Gross retired because he was done! Not because Gman forced him out. Gross even said that the team is in good hands! Doubt he made that up, so yes, he used to be!

I hope you are right because if Gettleman offended Gross with that restructure, we will be in much worse shape this year for some minor savings last year. It looks like it may be the same thing this year with smitty. I hope Gettleman has some sort of larger plan.

Yeah sure! So much BS out there now, when fact of the matter is Gross could have gotten a healthy payday for two years! He retired because he was done, not because of Gman

Last season Gross basically said he'll only play for Carolina.

Gettleman had a lot to do with gross retiring

Father time had a lot to do with Gross retiring. He has been hinting about retiring before Gman was even the GM.

He said the Panthers wanted him back but he was done at his retirement ceremony. It was reported Gman met with him twice trying to get him to stay. You don't meet with a guy twice you're trying to get rid of.

Fans need to cut this crap out about Gman forcing Gross to retire. Bottom line, if Gross wanted to play then 8 teams would be bidding on him today and he would be free to pick where he wanted to go!

Yes, Carolina would have bid on him but we can't give him what we don't have.

I know, I know....how can we keep JStew and not Smitty. Thank Hurney for making Dwills and JStews contracts untouchable.

Lets say you worked for the Panthers for a long time and got hired on as the GM for the Cowboys or something.  You would not have any emotional ties to the players and you would see things objectively, not through team colored glasses.  I think this is what is happening.

I agree wholeheartedly. Still just doesn't seem right.

Ace, you are dreaming stuff up now! Gross decided to retire last year before Smith was even an issue

There is a reason Gross said he didn't like Gettleman last year. Why do you think that is? Gross learned the way Gettleman operates and left why he could on his own terms.

Fans need to cut this crap out about Gman forcing Gross to retire. Bottom line, if Gross wanted to play then 8 teams would be bidding on him today and he would be free to pick where he wanted to go!

Yes, Carolina would have bid on him but we can't give him what we don't have.

I know, I know....how can we keep JStew and not Smitty. Thank Hurney for making Dwills and JStews contracts untouchable.

He didn't force him and that's the whole point. He left before he would be forced out down the road

Archived