• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Save Steve Smith"shirts all over twitter

Jmac

The panthers are a big part of my life. I love the Panthers. Stuck with them through all the crap..

To some of you, the panthers are your only life. Unhealthy. Doesn't make you a better fan. You are way too emotionally invested.

Sent from my XT1055 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Our fan base is reacting like a bunch of 5th grade girls

I'm just mad about how it all went down.  Cutting/trading Steve Smith, I can understand.  He'll be 35 when the season starts and his stats and skills have been on an obvious decline.  But Gettleman couldn't even show him the respect of telling him to his face that he might not be with the team next year.  Smith had to hear it through social media.  For almost any other player, that's fine, but Steve is not just any other joe on the team.  He's the best player the team has ever had.  A living legend.  Gettleman just vaguely rambled off that Steve has had a great career in the past tense and said he was being evaluated.  Who knows what was said in the meeting they had afterward but no doubt it was tense.  Gettleman could have avoided this shitstorm by just being clear and tactful with what he said.  

I understand it's probably time for Smith to go but, show some class.  Smitty deserves better!

I'm just mad about how it all went down. Cutting/trading Steve Smith, I can understand. He'll be 35 when the season starts and his stats and skills have been on an obvious decline. But Gettleman couldn't even show him the respect of telling him to his face that he might not be with the team next year. Smith had to hear it through social media. For almost any other player, that's fine, but Steve is not just any other joe on the team. He's the best player the team has ever had. A living legend. Gettleman just vaguely rambled off that Steve has had a great career in the past tense and said he was being evaluated. Who knows what was said in the meeting they had afterward but no doubt it was tense. Gettleman could have avoided this shitstorm by just being clear and tactful with what he said.

I understand it's probably time for Smith to go but, show some class. Smitty deserves better!

I understand why you are emotional about it.

But, the fact is that no one knows anything that happened or was said behind closed doors. Smitty is loved by fans, so Gettleman has been deemed the evil Yankee GM.

And, I do not buy into the premise that players are owed anything. They are paid handsomely fir their services...that is all they are owed. Just like employees are not owed anything by their employers...and they will be shown the door if their services are no longer needed or their are not performing.

That us the fact if business. And no natter how many fans don't want I accept it, the NFL is all business....and big business at that.

I understand why you are emotional about it.

But, the fact is that no one knows anything that happened or was said behind closed doors. Smitty is loved by fans, so Gettleman has been deemed the evil Yankee GM.

And, I do not buy into the premise that players are owed anything. They are paid handsomely fir their services...that is all they are owed. Just like employees are not owed anything by their employers...and they will be shown the door if their services are no longer needed or their are not performing.

That us the fact if business. And no natter how many fans don't want I accept it, the NFL is all business....and big business at that.

You're right, it's business.  But there's a right way and a wrong way to do business.  Even if I was some high profile employee making millions of dollars, if it came time to fire me, I'd still want to be fired with dignity.  I wouldn't want my boss to announce that my role was being evaluated and refer to me in the past tense at a public press conference without speaking to me directly first.  That's fickle at best and cowardly at worst.  I know Gettleman is trying to do what's best for the team but, he really botched the Smith situation.  Sometimes being brash can be smart business and sometimes you just piss everyone off for no benefit.  This time, Gettleman did the latter.

The panthers are a big part of my life. I love the Panthers. Stuck with them through all the crap..

To some of you, the panthers are your only life. Unhealthy. Doesn't make you a better fan. You are way too emotionally invested.

Sent from my XT1055 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

yep, we are !!!! That's what makes fan's ### fanatic

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

yep, we are !!!! That's what makes fan's ### fanatic

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

why put so much into something that doesn't give a poopoo about you. You're a$. That's ok, they are a buisness. Why don't these people put their heart and commitment into something they can control or change and reap benefits? They can still be big time fans.

why can't i ever think of the shirt scamming ideas while their hot to make a few quick bucks from a couple of suckers

Archived