• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brayton

engine9

he's one of those guys where you're like "hey wait a second... who's that in the backfield blowing up that play? wait a second... brayton? what?

...sweet."

but he keeps doing it. he's definately improving. that's one thing i love about our team this year is that everyone seems to be constantly improving. hearing foxie's mantra of 'we havent arrived yet' can get old, but the coaches seem to have done a really good job of addressing problems, ironing out flaws, and working these guys to reach their potential. we've seen it in the ground game for the last five or six games, we've seen it in the passing game the last couple weeks, the pass rush has been decent, and tonight the secondary more than made up for its recent woes.

but i digress. brayton = the man.

I love Brayton, he has tons of versatility. He's a good run-stopping defense end and he's also a good pass rushing defensive tackle.

I still wish we'd line up Taylor-Brayton-Peppers-Johnson in obvious passing situations. That'd be sick.

yea that would be sick.but i had high hopes for taylor and he keeps geting hurt.and he is not even the starter maybe time to put casper in there.

Now you all see why Tony Dungy was interest in him before we got Brayton. Dungy is smart & tend to know a good player when he see one. Like I mention in the past, Brayton sucked when he played with the Raiders like Moss & maybe few others too. Having a fresh start here & letting him play his natural position is helping him play much better. Raiders screw up with switching him around too much.

All I asked for at the beginning of the season is for someone to compliment Peppers. If we can get these guys clicking on all cylinders it'd be awesome. If it's not Pep it's Brayton, and if it's not Brayton it's Johnson. Sounds good, let's see if it happens in the playoffs.

I did not realize that Johnson has achieved six sacks this season, all of which have come when he has not started a single game. Combine Brayton's and Johnson's sack totals together and you have a rotation equalling 9.5 sacks to go with Peppers 12.5 sacks and I consider that decent production from our DE position. What I have enjoyed is the fire that Brayton has shown when he has made a big play. I have a feeling this guy lost a lot of his mojo playing in Oakland and he is starting to just enjoy playing football again.

Archived