• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Former Teammate on Steve Smith Release

Catalyst

Guest Dark Knight

Yup.

Because if you played with Kobe Bryant, Chipper Jones, Peyton Manning, etc. you would not expect them too coach the other younger players on the roster.

Come on man, why do you have team captains if not to help coach the younger guys and point out things they did wrong?

There's a difference in mentoring and intimidating/harassing. Steve did more of the latter.

Mentioning Chipper Jones in the same light as Kobe & Peyton is fuging hysterical. That adulterer never won jack poo.

Please, don't mention the WS ring he got in '95. He was a kid and about the 10th most important person on that team.

There's a difference in mentoring and intimidating/harassing. Steve did more of the latter.

Mentioning Chipper Jones in the same light as Kobe & Peyton is fuging hysterical. That adulterer never won jack poo.

Please, don't mention the WS ring he got in '95. He was a kid and about the 10th most important person on that team.

Steve Smith just seemed to have an intimidating personality. Plus, he's talking to pro football players who take a physical beating almost every Sunday from September through December. They should be able to handle some harsh words.

And lol, I don't keep up with all this "athlete gossip" you apparently know about, but Kobe also cheated on his wife I believe.

Bingo....we have a winner. Our lack of receivers corp is mainly due to us not addressing that position for so long. So now, we will be forced to, but unfortunately all at one time.

Could Smith's "mentorship" have been party of the problem

Guest Dark Knight

Could Smith's "mentorship" have been party of the problem

You'll get strung up in a tree around these parts for saying things like that about Steve.

They're going to need a bigger tree.

I said it in another thread. The reasons we love him as a fiery passionate competitor on the field wears thin in the locker room. It's the same in the business world. Some one might work harder than everyone else ...which is great...but when they are constantly telling veryone how hard they work in comparison it has a negative effect.

Why have we failed to develop a wr since 2001...

This could be put at the feet of Smitty, but which of these players did you expect to become a star?  None of them seemed to do anything after leaving the Panthers, but that could be because Smith ruined them I guess...

2003 - Walter Young (7)

2004 - Keary Colbert (2)

2004 - Drew Carter (5)

2007 - Dwayne Jarrett (2)

2007 - Ryne Robinson (4)

2010 - Brandon LaFell (3)

2010 - Armanti Edwards (3)

2010 - David Gettis (6)

2011 - Kealoha Pilares (5)

2012 - Joe Adams (4)

I saw a couple of days ago & it somewhat changed my perspective. However, if they had been putting up w/ it for this long then why do decide they can't take it anymore now?! & I'm not so sure there could have been that much of a locker room issue at all this yr w/ they way whe team was winning. was it really bad enough for them to decide to cut him & start from scratch after finally making themselves a contender. & why aren't the players happy to see him go? So many questions...jus doesn't add up

RR was with him 3 years and Gettlemen 1.....they inherited him. That isn't putting up with it for that long

Also a couple players have made standard posts on twitter.....but have any players actually shown that much outrage/shock? Kasay probably got more and he was K

Dwayne Keary and Lafell

I think Jarrett was too much of a ten cent head to have a real chance at this level.  I can see Colbert getting set back by Smith, but if that's the case it's a surprise that he never did anything in Denver, Seattle, or Detroit.

The book is out on LaFell, but I expect him to have a pretty good career in New England.

I'm surprised you didn't list Gettis.  He was more of a "threat" to Smiths role than LaFell.

I think Jarrett was too much of a ten cent head to have a real chance at this level. I can see Colbert getting set back by Smith, but if that's the case it's a surprise that he never did anything in Denver, Seattle, or Detroit.

The book is out on LaFell, but I expect him to have a pretty good career in New England.

I'm surprised you didn't list Gettis. He was more of a "threat" to Smiths role than LaFell.

Only issue potentially for LaFell is NE system is tough for a WR. A lot of guys struggle picking it up

Archived