• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

James Jones speaks about Panthers

SgtJoo

Seems more like a wash to me.

and that's if we draft a WR that produces immediately which is no easy feat in the NFL.

I can think of quite a few wrs that played well their rookie year. Keenan Allen and Tavon Austin last year.  There are plenty before too in recent years.

I can think of quite a few wrs that played well their rookie year. Keenan Allen and Tavon Austin last year.  There are plenty before too in recent years.

Then you know how long it took for the light to come on with Austin...some were writing him off in the first half of the season.

Then you know how long it took for the light to come on with Austin...some were writing him off in the first half of the season.

They finally figured out how to use Austin.  Keenan Allen played solid the whole year.  There's no reason a 1st round pick with great talent can't be helpful.

I'd love to SOMEHOW get Jones/Cotchery/Rice

But would be ok with Jones and Cotchery

Something I've been anticipating though is how they approach their jersey numbers if they sign here. They BOTH currently wear #89. Doubt Jackie would let either of them have it but I think if they don't even try to ask for it, that'll work wonders with the fans.

They finally figured out how to use Austin.  Keenan Allen played solid the whole year.  There's no reason a 1st round pick with great talent can't be helpful.

Sure a first round WR can be helpful but I wouldn't want to depend on them turning into a bonafide number #1 from the start.

He had 700 yards with Favre too as the third receiver and a rookie.

go-be-fat-somewhere-else.jpg

Great points you've constructed here.  

Anyways this might be totally unrelated but the teams with the best scouting and GMs haven't even brought him in to talk to in person. Wait in fact no teams have......

Archived