• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers cut TE Kevin Brock...

Zod

Another case of cutting someone of potential for a premadonna,expensive DE,Julius Peppers,you better be worth it!:confused:

yeah, i think peppers will be worth it? are you saying we had to cut this guy because peppers is on the roster? wait, what are you saying?

Another case of cutting someone of potential for a premadonna,expensive DE,Julius Peppers,you better be worth it!:confused:

You mean prima donna? Yeah 10+ sacks a year sure isn't worth it. Stop being stupid. It was an unkown getting cut at a stocked position so that we can get to the 80 player limit. People need to get over 2007.

Dude we can only have 53 players in the end. So your logic is on the weak side.

Peppers is worth the money and we'll do it again next year if need be so get used to it

kevin brock claimend by the jets...who do you think got the better end for TEs..lol

jets waive daive panthers pick him up

panthers waive brock jets pick him up

Clearly, the Jets. Not sure what the front office was thinking letting Brock go for Davie. But, know John Fox and his love for strictly blocking TEs that can't catch a cold, I'm not suprised. I'm not sure why they waste time selecting those type of TE's if they never plan to use them.:frown5:

i was looking for him yesterday bc he his name was still on the roster sheet as well......i really don't know about this one.davie sucked ass yesterday and would have rather kept him brock over davie.

Neither do I. I mean, the guy was third place behind our very own Mackenzie Bernardeau in the strongman competition a week ago. He has very good speed and hands, and was a more than adequate blocker. I think the FO fell asleep at the wheel letting him go in favor of Davie just b/c he is bigger. They would've been better just keeping another OL.

Clearly, the Jets. Not sure what the front office was thinking letting Brock go for Davie. But, know John Fox and his love for strictly blocking TEs that can't catch a cold, I'm not suprised. I'm not sure why they waste time selecting those type of TE's if they never plan to use them.:frown5:

Neither Davie nor Brock would make the roster.

Also we didn't "select" either player - neither were draft picks. Plus both are the blocking TE you're bemoaning - both Rosario and Barnidge are faster and better receivers. Just saying.

Also we didn't "select" either player - neither were draft picks. Plus both are the blocking TE you're bemoaning - both Rosario and Barnidge are faster and better receivers. Just saying.

You may be right, though IMO Brock would've had the better odds of making the roster with his athleticism and blocking ability. Thing is, Brock is not just a blocking TE; he has the potential to be more, but I guess we'll never know that now.

Rosario may or may not be a better receiver, I saw him drop several and bat a few up in the air that were picked off last year. And comparing 40 times, Brock is as fast as Barnidge and definitely faster than Rosario. ( Brock and Barnidge both averaged 4.65 at the combine versus Rosario who was much slower at 4.78) Brock is also much stronger. I agree that Barnidge is a better receiver but not faster or a better blocker. In fact the only guy Rosario can beat is King who ran a glacier-like 4.89.

Archived