• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OL Options in the Draft - a Semi-In-Depth Look

Ruff

So, with the signings of Underwood and Crotchery, we can assume that Gettleman is getting focused on taking a true hog molly in the first round, and later rounds, of the NFL Draft. Here's a list of who I think will be potential candidates in each round that we would be wise to look at, and have a real chance at drafting.

FIRST ROUND

Xavier Su'a-Filo - OG - UCLA

Guest shitposting

Taking Hurst in the 2nd would be WAAAAAAY over-drafting the guy. I'm talking by rounds. 

I have that feeling that by the end of the third a run will have happened. I think the second is our best bet at a tackle.

Meh, disagree. He was a 1st round talent before he broke his leg, his leg is recovering nicely and will be ready to go for his pro day. Franchise LT, I'd spend a second on him all day long.

I'm not saying it's a talent thing, especially if you would've read the blurb about him. But, Hurst is in a situation where his stock fell. And fell hard. I would rather have Billy Turner in the 2nd, than Hurst in the state he is in now.

I'll say that Hurst will still be there when we select in the 3rd. I'd be willing to bet on it.

I'm not saying it's a talent thing, especially if you would've read the blurb about him. But, Hurst is in a situation where his stock fell. And fell hard. I would rather have Billy Turner in the 2nd, than Hurst in the state he is in now.

I'll say that Hurst will still be there when we select in the 3rd. I'd be willing to bet on it.

It'll depend on his pro day performance.

i think Hurst was a 3rd-4th rounder before the injury.

at times Moses looks like a stud, but at times he looks like stiff blow up doll. he hardly gets beat for sacks and pressures, but he just bends at the waist so much. he does get up to the next level really well, and once he gets his hands on you, you are not getting away from him. i think he could come in and compete at one of the OT spots early.

one name you didnt mention was Cameron Fleming, OT Stanford.  huge RT only, that has played on Stanford power running OL for 2-3 years. very slow feet, and is on the ground maybe 2-3 times a game. but still moves guys in run blocking.

James is a stud.

I'd love to see a link saying with 100% accuracy he had an arthritic knee. Can you show me that?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000328001/article/cyrus-kouandjio-failing-club-physicals-at-combine

He met with the media a day after most of the offensive linemen in attendance held press sessions, which can often signal a snag in the medical evaluation. His arthritic knee is reportedly linked to a failed surgery.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft-scout/24454237/nfl-combine-alabama-ot-kouandjio-falling-after-failed-physical

Literally the first two links on google.

Archived