• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Smitty venting on Twitter

Darth Biscuit

depends if smith is aiming for the HOF, then there really wasn't a choice except for which team to choose

if he signed just for revenge then you are correct that's 100% on him

knowing smith it could be either

He CHOSE to continue playing in the NFL, he then CHOSE to play for Baltimore and given his resources he has far better chances of getting back and forth than most people.

He went on record to say he understands this is a business and I wholeheartedly believe Zod when he said Smith was warned in advance and he CHOSE to ignore the warning, thus leading to his current situation.

He CHOSE to continue playing in the NFL, he then CHOSE to play for Baltimore and given his resources he has far better chances of getting back and forth than most people.

He went on record to say he understands this is a business and I wholeheartedly believe Zod when he said Smith was warned in advance and he CHOSE to ignore the warning, thus leading to his current situation.

yeah like i said if he's playing for numbers then there really wasn't a "choice", he could have retired with an incomplete career(if that is the approach he's taking). Yeah he might be able to go back and forth easier then the average but that still doesn't make it a pain in the ass, i could imagine it being a nuisance after playing in the city you live for 13 yrs.

as far as the business side goes most agree that it wasn't a "business" decision.

yeah like i said if he's playing for numbers then there really wasn't a "choice", he could have retired with an incomplete career(if that is the approach he's taking). Yeah he might be able to go back and forth easier then the average but that still doesn't make it a pain in the ass, i could imagine it being a nuisance after playing in the city you live for 13 yrs.

as far as the business side goes most agree that it wasn't a "business" decision.

sure it was..  what other aspect are people talking about?  or are you assuming saving 2 mil was the only aspect that would qualify as "business"?

regardless, Smitty wasn't guaranteed to retire a Panther through the next 2 years without having to return after the fact...  so maybe at some point we all can move on and enjoy watching Smitty in a different uniform.

sure it was..  what other aspect are people talking about?  or are you assuming saving 2 mil was the only aspect that would qualify as "business"?

regardless, Smitty wasn't guaranteed to retire a Panther through the next 2 years without having to return after the fact, and aside from how it was handled, it's about time to stop bickering about emotions and just move on..  

in business it's all about the numbers man, rarely ever about the other stuff.

and that's where i'm at it was handle very poorly from a business aspect, and IMO was a bad decision(unless this season proves otherwise). I'm not bickering i'm just replying to what's being quoted.

in business it's all about the numbers man, rarely ever about the other stuff.

and that's where i'm at it was handle very poorly from a business aspect, and IMO was a bad decision(unless this season proves otherwise). I'm not bickering i'm just replying to what's being quoted.

oh, I see...

and business has much more to do than "just numbers"..  For instance, "business" also involves people and the process of running a business..  That falls into "business decisions" just the same..

oh, I see...

and business has much more to do than "just numbers"..  For instance, "business" also involves people and the process of running a business..  That falls into "business decisions" just the same..

yeah but at the end of the day it's how those people effect the numbers, when i say numbers i'm just choosing the broadest category, everything you stated is true

Not trying to be edgy, but thank you for thinking I am. That's just what happens when a player sucker punches his 2nd, which may have been his 3rd, teammate. Others can overlook it, but I lost a lot of respect for him that day. To me it doesn't matter how good you are on the field, that is just immature and a douche thing to do. Not to mention how he treats his other teammates verbally as well sometimes.

That would be interesting if I hadn't already seen this incident mentioned hundreds of times the past few weeks. What is ironic to me, is I haven't seen that brought up on this board until now for literally years. But when the man gets cut, suddenly people want to pile on.

Ken Lucas forgave him, if you want to sit around and hold a grudge against a stranger, that's your choice. I've already accepted the fact that the man is gone. I will not however proceed to talk endless sh*t about him after the fact, or troll him on twitter like tiger7_88.

I am so ready for the draft...

yeah but at the end of the day it's how those people effect the numbers, when i say numbers i'm just choosing the broadest category, everything you stated is true

in a traditional business sense, we can discuss how leadership impacts improving profit margins or improving the process more efficiently to increase profits but in this discussion we aren't talking about profit margins..   In this aspect, it's cut and dry.  Simple to explain with one goal in mind.  But throw in a cap that limits your abilities and you can't just discuss "numbers" in and of themselves.

You could say the #'s are about "wins", but in the context of your post it implies cap numbers, which involves a lot of turnover in your people and building up leaders to increase wins consistently over a period of years.  Creating more aspects to "business decisions" than just 2mil this year.

I'm even finding it hard to explain this post with such a broad context of "numbers" because it's not that black/white although you are right..  it's just not that simple.  And even though it all comes back to numbers, it's within the numbers that create business decisions involving people, leadership, and process (team building philosophies on offense/defense)...  

in a traditional business sense, we can discuss how leadership impacts improving profit margins or improving the process more efficiently to increase profits but in this discussion we aren't talking about profit margins..   In this aspect, it's cut and dry.  Simple to explain with one goal in mind.  But throw in a cap that limits your abilities and you can't just discuss "numbers" in and of themselves.

You could say the #'s are about "wins", but in the context of your post it implies cap numbers, which involves a lot of turnover in your people and building up leaders to increase wins consistently over a period of years.  Creating more aspects to "business decisions" than just 2mil this year.

I'm even finding it hard to explain this post with such a broad context of "numbers" because it's not that black/white although you are right..  it's just not that simple.  And even though it all comes back to numbers, it's within the numbers that create business decisions involving people, leadership, and process (team building philosophies on offense/defense)...  

everything stated here is true, IMO we'd have to dig deep to find a business decision out of all of this.

when you take the money aspect out he was cut because some behavior issues(apparently),but IMO to be release like that would require the character of early T.O or Incognito.Your losing too much and gaining little, seemed like a bad investment at the time.

but it is what it is, time will tell can't hate the man forever

Archived