• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mark Fields (Former Panthers Linebacker) son commits to Gamecocks

SCMunnerlyn1

And? Who cares

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

You're right. I should probably start another Gettleman/Steve Smith/Desean Jackson thread. 

I'll take it you're a newer fan. We say Keep Pounding not just because of Sam Mills but this guy also. 

Edit: If mods feel this isn't main forum material feel free to move to CFB. Brought here to bring back memories of SR.

IMO this would be news in the season itself.  Fields will always be a Panther to me.  He was inspirational, IMO.

According to Bartow

http://rivals.yahoo.com/southcarolina/football/recruiting/player-Mark-Fields-142258;_ylt=AgGpGuXa5F5vdyJoWLOs9EuStpB4

Long time sense we've heard his name. Dad was awesome while he was here.

Edit: If mods feel this isn't main forum material feel free to move to CFB. Brought here to bring back memories of SR.

Not much of a SC fan but I love me some Mark Fields. Dude was a monster! Hope his kid is just as good.

Guest Dark Knight

Fields didn't even play here hardly at all. He is also a woman beater.

Little Carolina fans are almost as delusional and annoying as NCSU fans.

He was here for 3 years. 2002-2004.  He sat out 2003 getting treatment but returned in 2004 and made the Pro-Bowl.  In those 3 years he had a big impact here.  You're a fool if you don't know that.

As far as being a woman beater, I can't speak on that.  Any man that hits a woman is a punk, in my opinion.

No idea on the woman beating stuff, but he was a major inspiration in the lockerroom.  He was no Sam Mills, but to boil him down to "not playing here hardly at all" diminishes his contribution hugely.

Guest Dark Knight

No idea on the woman beating stuff, but he was a major inspiration in the lockerroom. He was no Sam Mills, but to boil him down to "not playing here hardly at all" diminishes his contribution hugely.

"Former Carolina Panthers linebacker Mark Fields was arrested on Sunday for allegedly beating and choking the mother of Fields’ six-year-old child, according to police documents obtained by TMZ.

Witnesses say Fields confronted the woman outside a childcare facility. The cops say that the mother and child were treated by paramedics for mild injuries."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/10/ex-panther-mark-fields-accused-of-choking-beating-woman/

The organization has separated themselves from him since then. Listen to players when they talk about "keep pounding" they never mention Mark Fields, only Sam Mills. Especially new guys when they come in & are told the history.

They gave Mark the benefit of the doubt in '06 when he was arrested for driving around drunk. After the assault, though, they cut ties & I haven't heard him mentioned since.

Archived