• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fox is our long term coach!!

CAPantherFan

I still dont think Fox and his staff are able to get the most out of the Panthers. I'd take Cowher over Fox in a heartbeat. Fox seems to be a very nice guy and all his players love him but I dont think he can fire a team up or get the most out of "his" players. The team has played 2 very good games over the past couple of weeks but we all know mistakes and questionable playcalling were there, and this team can lay a complete egg on any given weekend.

I have to admit, I was on the fireFox bandwagon, but I can see I was wrong. One thing I did not like about fox is, he never changes his coaching style. His style works if you have the players for it, if you do not you tank. The great coaches in the NFL can change up and win without players they need to run the style they are most comfortable with.

I was very impressed with how agressive he was in the off season. He went out and got players who fit his style of coaching. I knew this year would be a big turn around, but I really did not expect this good of a year. I would be happy to keep him around for a while. I think the few seasons we had missing the playoffs actually made him a better coach. He has learned what he has to do to win.

Sorry for ever doubting you Foxie. GO PANTHERS!!!

John Fox is a great coach do not get me wrong but is a he a long term coach?? Im not really sure, matt hurney and him have made some costly mistakes over the year, they were on the hot seat this year and have definitely pulled through in my eyes but what does that mean if they do not do much next year? Does Big Cat have to put them on the hot seat every year? I rather have a consistent coach then an up and down coach, the panthers can definitely look like superbowl contenders one week and then duds the next week... We'll take it game by game...

I still dont think Fox and his staff are able to get the most out of the Panthers. I'd take Cowher over Fox in a heartbeat. Fox seems to be a very nice guy and all his players love him but I dont think he can fire a team up or get the most out of "his" players. The team has played 2 very good games over the past couple of weeks but we all know mistakes and questionable playcalling were there, and this team can lay a complete egg on any given weekend.

Every team is capable of laying an egg.

Archived